This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/11/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
12:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
09:00 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
11:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
11:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
Covid Plan - As of July 21, 2020 the State of Illinois is in Phase 4. We are running the event as normal, but ask that you still maintain social distancing and be responsible. There will be hand sanitizer available. Masks are not required.
NO FINALS - Placements at the end of the event
- Competitors must complete 3 splashes to qualify for placements.
- Placement ribbons will be awarded to the top 3 overall of the weekend in each division. We include the premier division for placements only.
- Placement ribbons will be award for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Hydro Dash and AR. AR will be combined for the weekend and placement ribbons given after the last AR.
- Competitors must be present to receive their placement ribbon. It will not be mailed or held.
- If you pre-enter, you must pay for all splashes at the time of initial check in. If you choose not to pay for all splashes at that time, you will be removed from remaining unpaid splashes. If you then choose to add splashes later it WILL be at the day of show price of $28 per splash.
- For distance & air retrieve: No Day Ofs. There is a waiting list. Please email email@example.com with NADD# and splashes you would like to enter. We will let you know where we are at after the event closes.
- You must arrive and register AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to your first splash of the event. If you are not checked in 30 minutes prior to your splash you will be scratched from that splash. PLEASE NOTE: Highway 88 (and most highways) is almost always under construction. Take this into account when planning your trip.
- Handlers meeting/Roll Call will be 15 minutes before the first splash.
- Friday registration and the pool open at 11am.
- Saturday and Sunday registration and the pool open at 8am.
- Running order will be alphabetical by dog's name, M to L on Friday, Z to A on Saturday and A to Z on Sunday.
- We have splash times however they are only estimated start times. Splashes may begin slightly earlier or run late.
- Due to the number of entries there will not be practice time in between splashes.
- We will begin the next splash right after the one before it ends.
- 2 porta potties onsite
- Plenty of space for parking and canopies. You can kennel out of your vehicle.
- Part time onsite photographer, Chris Davis of Clicks by Chris. Other photographers welcome.
Please review our Facility Rules.
The following judges will be rotated through for the season. We will generally use 2-3 per event.
- Shannon Davis (senior judge)
- Curtis Swearingen
- Tiffany Clevenger
- Chris Davis
- Renea Robison
There is a small Walmart, fast food and gas stations in town, 5 miles north of us.
Camping: Crystal Lake Campground in Rock Falls. Please check directly with the campground directly regarding pet policy.