This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 05/19/2020 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
01:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
Special Covid-19 Procedures: (this letter was sent to all competitors. If you signed up after that you may not have received it.)
Hello and welcome to all our NADD Competitors
We are glad you are thinking of attending our May the Distance Be With you Dock Jumping Competition, May 22-24, 2020.We all know these are troubling times and because of this we have to impose some rules for the safety and wellbeing of all who will be attending.This letter will serve to address our plan on addressing new rules put in place due to Covid-19 as well serve as our handler’s meeting for those of you who have been here before and those of you who may be new to the Ocala Dog Ranch. If this is your first time at our facility and you have a question not addressed here please feel free to reach out to Sally or Neil .ATTENDANCEIf you’re not feeling well or are uncomfortable with attending during Covid-19, please stay home. There will be other events and your wellness is the most important thing. You will not receive a black mark if you cancel last minute. We have suspended that rule at our events for the time being.WHEN DO I COME TO ODR?ODR will be dividing competitors into smaller groups to assist with social distancing.This will be done by owners last name. On Friday A-J will be 1p-3p, K-Z will be 3p-5p. If you are jumping AR come to the latter group if you like.Saturday A-J will jump from 9a-1p and K-Z will be 1p-5p. On Sunday it will be reversed so K-Z will be 9a-1p and A-J will be 1p-5p. We will be using jump cards and your dog’s name will go on the white board which will be our running order. You are welcome to jump all 4 of your distance jumps in a small time frame but remember you must have at least 1 dog between your jumps. Once all your jumps are completed, you can leave and help with lowering the amount of people at the event thereby helping with social distancing. If you’re Competing in AR or Hydrodash which is at the end of the day, sign in will be 4-5 each day so don’t feel the need to get there early in the morning. Also, if you are competing in AR or Hydrodash as well as jumping distance you can come later in the day, if you choose, even though you may not be in the group we have there at the time so you don’t have to leave and come back. It is however, an option, to get all your distance jumps in and leave and come back for AR or Hydrodash.JUDGES we will let you know when to come for your assigned judging.PARKINGVehicles will be directed to a parking spaces and will be parked 10 feet from any other vehicles.( see Neil on arrival.)CRATINGAll crating will be in your vehicle, or directly behind. NO space sharing unless you are same household.SOCIAL DISTANCINGSocial Distancing of 6 feet will be maintained at all times, Masks will be worn unless in Crating area or on dock. For those of you that have 2 handlers on dock both of you must wear a mask, unless from same house hold. The thrower may take off their mast to direct the dog and throw the toy.YOUR SPLASHESAs above, your last name will determine the time you are able to come to the event. Please don't come to early and leave in a timely manner once you’re finished. Because of vehicle spacing we won’t have enough room to accommodate everyone at the same time.VENDORSThere will be NO vendors at the event, there will be however a photographer. SHE will social distance and be wearing a mask.TRY -ITSThere will be NO try-its.DAY-OF ENTRIESPer NADD there will be NO day-of entries. Please you sign up before hand to make sure you get all of the splashes you want. There is currently room in each splash.SPECTATORSThere will be NO spectators allowed.RIBBONSRibbons will be completed by Admin and left in a plastic bag in a box at location away from admin tent by the area used for our lower carpark. This will be identified and 6 foot markers on the ground will be in place.. Please don't crowd that area and be patient with the admin .ADMIN TENT. Competitors may come in the tent to sign in, one at a time to avoid a crowd under the tent which won’t allow for social distancing. There will be a maximum amount of 2 people in the tent at the same time. Please respect this as there will be no way to socially distance otherwise.JUDGESThe Judges will Judge the event from the pool side closest to the admin tent and be required to wear a mask to and from their Judges station.Judges will be given a set amount of Splashes to judge and when completed and they have jumped their dogs they must leave ODR.DOCK WRANGLERThere will be a Dock Wrangler to notify the upcoming competitors, rescue loose toys and sanitizer the dock. They will stay in dock area 6 feet away from everyone with a face mask on.SIGN IN AT ADMIN TENTSign in will be usual but please wear your mask and only one competitor will be allowed in the admin tent at a time. If you are in line please practice social distance and follow the 6 foot markers on the ground. There will be hand sanitizer at the admin table. Feel free to use it.WAIVERS (THESE MUST BE SIGNED)There will be 2 waivers; the standard NADD waiver and a New Covid-19 waiver. Both will need to signed before entering dock areaDOG WALKINGAll dogs will remain on leash at all times. The potty area is the large event field at the rear of ODR.PORT O LETSThere will be two Port O Lets as well as a hand washing station. Please keep your social distance while waiting to use either. There will be 6 foot marking on the ground to assist with social distancing.OVER NIGHT CAMPERSPlease remain in the area of your camper during the hours of competition, unless on dock or pottying your dog. During the evening you must practice social distancing from other campers.SANITATIONThere will be hand sanitizer dispensers in various locations, please free to use them.The DOCK will be Sprayed Down with a Disinfectant cleaner after 20 dogs have used the dock.During AR and Hydro Dash the Bumper will be cleaned in disinfectant every time before being placed on rig.AR /HYDRODASHAny and all people assisting with AR or Hydro dash will wear masks and gloves will be worn to collect the used bumper when thrown from dockKENNELSWe ask that you please keep your distance from our kennels, we will have boarders.HOW THE EVENT WILL BE RUNOnce you have arrived, parked and sorted out your crating and checked in at the admin tent you will return to your vehicle, and await your name to be called.FOR DISTANCEThere will only be 3 dogs in the common area at one time: ON DOCK, ON DECK and IN THE HOLE. These areas will be identifiedWe will have a sound system that hopefully everyone we be able to hear and a runner to find and let people know running order.Once you are called to the dock you will enter the gate close to the admin tent and then climb the dock stairs on west side (closest)When you have finished your jumps you will exit the dock on east side (opposite from where you entered) and leave pool area thru the north gate, (this is a new gate) and return to your crating area from there. Please don’t hang around and help create a crowd.AR and HYDRO-DASHWe will have a running order before starting. There will only be 2 dogs in the common area ON THE DOCK and ON DECK waiting in the designated area. You will enter and exit the dock and dock area the same way as described above for distance jumping. Again, once finished you must return to your crating area in a timely manner.After you have finished up for the day, please collect your ribbons and leave the property and drive home safely. Thank you for abiding by the rules so that we could offer this event. How it goes this time will determine if we can have more before the State is completely back to normal.Thanks for playing with us!
Parking is on grass close to the pool. There will be no lunch truck attending this event. Please plan accordingly if you will be there during lunchtime. We have a few dry RV spots available for $15/night. Contact Neil@ocaladogranch.com to reserve as spot. There are hotels and RV campgrounds listed on out website under friends and links at the top of the page at www.ocaladogranch.com
World Record Jumps: If you are trying for or your dog jumps close to the world record and you want it on record in Lap, Open or AR lease contact us before signing up to verify that that we will have a the required Judges available for your Splash or it will not be verified as a world record . When you get up on the dock please make sure you notify the Judge that you are attempting a world record jump. We may have both Senior and Junior judges there but, they may not be available at the same time for your splash, because of this you may have to wait or we may set an appointment for later in the day for your attempt.
Also, anyone needing access to the dock, must sign the waiver at the registration booth and obtain a bracelet to be worn during the entire event. This includes holders, handlers, throwers, and photographers.