- This is an Indoor Event
- Online registration closes 09/28/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
05:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
Thursday - Sunday, October 1 - 4, 2020
***We will be using splash cards like the mobile dock events. ALL splash times are listed at the same time because we have no set run time or run order. Run order is generated when competitors turn their splash cards in each day and choose where they want to be in the run order.
Thursday is Hydrodash only. Check in and open pool time will start at 4pm and we will start running at 4:30.
Friday - Sunday - Check-in opens & practice starts at 8:00 am. We plan on still using splash cards for this event.
Once you pay for your splashes you will be given splash cards to turn in when you want to add your name to the run order. You can do your splashes anytime from 9-12:30 or 2-4:30 each day as long as you have at least 1 dog in-between your splashes.
For those dogs registered for Air Retrieve and/or Hydro Dash. We will open up 2 separate time slots to do your AR or HydroDash splashes each day. 1pm and 5pm. These hour blocks will accommodate 10 dogs in each (first come first serve)
Here is an example of how this might work for someone: I show up at 9am and pay for my splashes. I bring my cards to the board person. Spots #6, #18, #21 are open so they add Sriracha's name to the run order in those spots. Then I add her to the list 1pm AR list as the 4th dog. I'm done by 2pm and can go home!
Please note that ALL pre-entries must be paid for on your first day entered or they will be removed from the splash and will be sold at day-of entry price.
We will offer on-site registration as long we have spaces in our splashes available, as well as Try-Its , as time allows between splashes. Air Retrieve will have day of spots available, but we will not have a waiting list once pre-registration fills. All spots are on a first come basis, as this is the fairest for everyone.
We will send out final trial details once the trial has closed. (approximately 9/29)
Please read before signing up!
- Thank you for understanding our no off-leash policy. (Except when on the dock)
- Please pick up after your dogs. If you don’t follow this rule you will be asked to leave and NO refunds will be given. Disposal of poop should only be in outdoor waste containers only.
- We anticipate that you will still need to be crating out of your cars or that we may only have a limited number of indoor crating spots available. This will all depend on what the State of MN has for guidelines at the time of the show.
- Please keep wet dogs out of the office areas. Bring your own towels. A blower will be available to dry your dog.
- Please communicate all problems, all concerns, and issues you have with the staff, the facility or any of the handlers and their dogs immediately as they occur, we want to address problems in real time to solve it during the event. There is no way to correct it if you mention it to us or NADD after the event is over.
So please!!! do not hesitate to talk to us! We want you to have the best possible experience at our event.
- The most important rule! Please have fun with your dog!
We here at For the Love of Dogs and The Dog Tank want to thank you so much for attending our event and we hope you have a fun enjoyable time with your dog
Judges for this event: Steve Powell, Kristin Elmquist