This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 03/26/2019 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
- At least 3 jumps are required to participate in independent event finals.
- Hydro Dash will be offered at this event. This splash is in the trial phase, and scores earned at this event will not count toward any official NADD titles.
- Hydro Dash scores will be tracked in the Member Portal and can be viewed during the trial phase, but please be aware that divisions shown during the 2019 season are tentative and will be fine-tuned as more data is collected. After the trial phase is over, all scores will be removed and participants will start fresh with official splash data for the 2020 season.
- Dogs of any age can participate in this type of splash.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
08:00 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - If splash fills, times will be adjusted.
09:30 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - If splash fills, times will be adjusted.
09:30 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
Kick off the 2019 Texas Summer Dock Diving Circuit with our "Annual Goal Setter" here in Edinburg, TX!
! FRIDAY SPECIAL ADDITION !
”Tips & Tricks with Steve Mize”
$20 per dog for as many rotations as you can get in + feedback from 10+ year competitor and instructor/NADD director Steve Mize! Jump rotations begin at 2:30 pm and will run until 7:00 pm. Can't get here by 2? Don't worry, we can get you into the rotation as soon as you arrive! Call to register for this Special Bonus at our first NADD event! 956-383-5982
! SATURDAY SPECIAL ADDITION !
Hydro Dash will be offered at this event after Distance Splashes. $10 entry.
Do you need training to be a NADD judge? Spots available for $50 per person. This training is done March 28-29. Update: Judge space is FULL
Looking for a place to stay? La Quinta Rio Grande is offering our NADD competitors a rate of $69/night (1 king or 2 queens).
Contact Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org to register or if you have ANY questions. 956-383-5982.