This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 06/12/2019 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
08:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
09:30 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
09:30 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
Our driveway has an electronic gate. The key pad is on the left side (driver's side). The code is 1-2-3-4. The code is also written on the key pad so you don't have to memorize it.
When leaving, the gate sensors should pick up the metal in your vehicle and will open automatically. Should the gate not open, there is a red box on the left side of the driveway right before the gate. It contains a remote control. Just point it towards the gate, push the button, and return the remote to the box.
THE 12 ACRES THAT THE POOL IS ON IS NOT COMPLETELY FENCED IN.
All dogs must be on leash at all times, except when inside the pool or large enclosed potty area.
Do not use the agility equipment. You may crate your dogs there, as it much cooler than under a canopy.
Loading and Unloading. The area in front of the gate to the pool area is for loading and unloading only.
Parking. There is plenty of parking space, but please park next to a car that is already parked, so we can maximize the amount of cars that can park close to the entrance gate.
Do not park in the area from the entrance to the kennel to the right end of the kennel building. That is reserved for kennel customers.
Bring canopies for shade. Ground is dirt and we sometimes get gusts of wind, so please stake your canopies.
Bring food or snacks. There are no fast food restaurants close by. There are 3 good restaurants within a block of each other in Huachuca City, 10 minute drive. Sunny D's is my favorite, reasonable prices and good quality food.
Check-In. You need to check in before entering the pool/dock area. This includes checking in prior to using the pool Friday afternoon.
Friday: 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Starts at 7 a.m.
Weather. If checking weather reports use "Huachuca City" as Tucson and Sierra Vista's weather are often different than our weather.
Hotels. There are many pet-friendly hotels in Sierra Vista. There is also a very nice Comfort Inn at the I-10 exit to Hwy 90 / Ft. Huachcua.
Food. Sierra Vista has all the major fast food and many national chain restaurants, as well as some independent restaurants.
Hospital: Sierra Vista Regional Health Center
151 Colonia de Salud
Sierra Vista, AZ
Veterinary: Coronado Vet Clinic
4181 E Glenn Road
Sierra Vista AZ 85650
Schedule of Events:
Friday - Facility opens for setting-up at 3 p.m., closes at 6 p.m.
Early Check In is from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Pool open for practice: 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Cost is $10 per dog.
Saturday and Sunday
Check-In starts at 7 a.m.
Judges' briefing at 7:45 a.m.
First Splash at 8 a.m.
We appreciate your coming to our event. If there is anything we can do to make your experience better please let us know.