This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 06/25/2019 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
National Championship Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top dog in each division will receive an automatic invite to the National Championships.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
- Hydro Dash will be offered at this event. This splash is in the trial phase, and scores earned at this event will not count toward any official NADD titles.
- Hydro Dash scores will be tracked in the Member Portal and can be viewed during the trial phase, but please be aware that divisions shown during the 2019 season are tentative and will be fine-tuned as more data is collected. After the trial phase is over, all scores will be removed and participants will start fresh with official splash data for the 2020 season.
- Dogs of any age can participate in this type of splash.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
03:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
05:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
06:30 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - if splash fills, times may be adjusted
10:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
11:30 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
02:30 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve) - if splash fills, times may be adjusted
10:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
11:30 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
02:30 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
This is a National Qualifying Event. If your dog qualifies at our event, you will receive an RGV K9 National Qualifying Ribbon. (If the 1st place dog in your division already has an invite to Nationals, then the next top dog in that division will receive the invite and ribbon and so on)
Hydro Dash: HD will be on Saturday after the Distance splashes. $10/splash
Practice times: The dock will be open by 1pm Friday to practice and allow your dog the opportunity to get used to the new surroundings.
Parking: There is plenty of parking behind the pool and it is a secure property to leave your belongings overnight. There is no shade...yet:)
Hotels: La Quinta Rio Grande and Motel 6 are right side by side and both an easy drive to and from our facility. La Quinta is as high as $70/night and I have heard that with specials, some have reserved cheaper!
Lunches: Saturday and Sunday we plan to bring in a local food truck. Free waters available.
*Dinner on the Dock*: If you would like to join us for Dinner on the Dock Saturday evening under the lights, we will be barbecuing Mexican/American style and are offering dinner for $10. This will be paid upon registration so we have a proper head count. You may pre-book if you would like.
Address: The RGV K9 Training Centre. 4501 Rio Grande Care Road, Edinburg, TX, 78541 (GPS should bring you right to us!)
Judges: Marty Vielma, Brittany Vielma
Payment: Cash or check preferred. ($35 NSF fee on returned checks) We can accept credit cards however a 3% additional charge will be applied.
Items for sale: Tshirts, pool toys, training tools, dog equipment, Primal Pet Foods, First Mate, etc.
We are SUPER excited to have you! Please do not hesitate to call or text if you have ANY questions! If Air Retrieve splashes fill, let us know if you would like to be put on our wait list. Text is quickest. Office cell phone: 956-460-4582. Address text to Leslie!