- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 10/01/2019 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
National Championship Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top dog in each division will receive an automatic invite to the National Championships.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
08:30 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
08:30 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
08:30 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
08:30 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
08:30 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
08:30 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
Early registration for Friday events and the weekend splashes plus early crate set up at 7.00 am
Ed from Wonders of life Photography will be on site also
Saturday & Sunday we will be also having an UpDog Disc Challenge next door during our splashes. For info on UpDog go to https://updogchallenge.com/
Please read before signing up!
If you are jumping close to a world record in Lap. Open or AR
Please contact us before signing up to verify that that we will have a the required Judges available for your Splash or it will not be verified as a world record . When you get up on the dock make sure the Judge knows it is a world record attempt. We may have both senior and Jr judges there but , they may not be available at the same time for your splash, Keep in mind because of this you may have to wait or we may set an appointment for later in the day for your attempt
- Thank you for understanding our no choke, prong, or shock collars policy. This policy includes parking lot and waiting to get onto dock as our insurance company does not allow choke, prong, or shock collars.
- This is a cluster event so there is no fixed running order, this is first come first serve but you need to have your cards in for your running order no later than 1.5 hour before the end of last splash of each day or you will forfeit your Splash cards for that day and not entitled for a refund .
- Please communicate all problems, all concerns, and issues you have with the staff, the facility or any of the handlers and their dogs immediately as they occur, and we will address them in real time to solve it during the event. There is no way to correct it, if you mention it to us or NADD after the event is over.
So please!!! do not hesitate to talk to us! We want you to have the best possible experience at our event.
- All competitors to start check-in at 8.00am
- Please note that if any pre-entries that are not paid for on first check-in will be sold as day of entries price even if you want to pay for them later.
- For everyone's safety, please do not bring or enter dog or human-reactive dogs.
- The most important rule! Please have fun with your dog!
- If you need handicap parking please contact us and we will reserve your space in our handicap parking area closest to the pool! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
We here at Courteous Canine Diving Dogs thank you so much for attending our event and we are wishing you fun enjoyable time for you and your dog