This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 04/30/2019 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
- At least 3 jumps are required to participate in independent event finals.
- Hydro Dash will be offered at this event. This splash is in the trial phase, and scores earned at this event will not count toward any official NADD titles.
- Hydro Dash scores will be tracked in the Member Portal and can be viewed during the trial phase, but please be aware that divisions shown during the 2019 season are tentative and will be fine-tuned as more data is collected. After the trial phase is over, all scores will be removed and participants will start fresh with official splash data for the 2020 season.
- Dogs of any age can participate in this type of splash.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
04:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
05:30 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
07:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Under the lights
08:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
09:30 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve) - Distance splashes will begin right after Air Retrieve
09:30 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump) - EVENT FINALS begin right after Splash 10
"Hola!" What better place to celebrate "Cinco de Mayo" than in Edinburg, TX where the Mexican culture is thriving! Join us for a colorful, fun-filled weekend of dock diving with great people, food, and music! Bring your sombreros, virgin margueritas and pina coladas!
Friday Night Lights!- Air Retrieve will be under the lights
Saturday Siesta!- We are splitting the dock diving disciplines (see schedule) to allow a well needed siesta for dogs and handlers and/or lunch at some local authentic Mexican restaurants
SUNDAY FINALS for each division directly following splashes. Stick around for some ribbons
*Checks/cash accepted for registration fees. Please note there is a $35 return check fee. We are able to accept credit cards, however, there will be a convenience charge of 3%.
*If splashes fill, waitlist recipients can email Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 956-383-K9TC (5982)
*La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham is dog friendly and easy to get to. North America Diving Dog competitors call and ask for Christina for event rates.
*We have tons of open space for pop up tents and vehicles. You can leave your set up throughout the weekend as it is fenced and no vehicles access other than our driveway. (The winds can get pretty high so bring weights for your tent)
*There is also pet friendly RV places that you can stay at:
-Texas Trails RV Resorts
Address: 501 W Owassa Rd, Pharr, TX 78577
Phone: (956) 787-6538
-Valley Gateway RV Parks
Address: 34961 US-281, Edinburg, TX 78542
Phone: (956) 381-1883
"Hasta La Vista!" The Vielmas:)