This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 04/23/2019 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
01:30 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
01:30 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
01:30 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
Welcome to 24k Diving Dogs!!!! Thank you for signing up to jump with us.
Each morning we will have a MANDATORY meeting at 8:45am in front of the dock. Everyone must attend. Also you must check in at the administration desk 30 minutes prior to your splash NO EXCEPTIONS. It is the competitor’s responsibility to be present at the time of check-in for each splash. Missing a splash time and failure to check in on time will be a forfeiture of that splash. We need to have our running orders printed and posted prior to the splash start time (which can’t be printed if you haven’t checked in or paid for your splashes). We really need your cooperation with this as we want to do our very best to keep things on time.
A short practice/get-wet time will be between the splashes for all dogs in the next splash. We will also have the dock open for practice for all entered dogs each morning from 7:45am until 8:25am we strongly encourage taking advantage of this time since we may not have much time between splashes. We may offer try-its IF time allows but entered competitors take priority.
During competition you must finish each jump within 4 minutes. Time begins when the first team member enters the dock. Dogs will get 2 jumps (back to back) and the longest of the two will be your qualifying score for the splash. If the toy is thrown out of the pool, it will be tossed back in the middle of the pool or given to the handler. It is the handler’s responsibility in both Open (Lap and Veteran included) jumps and in Air Retrieve to have a volunteer or helper to retrieve the toy. The NADD judges or AR rig operators will not throw or retrieve the toy for them.
The Air Retrieve distance will start at 6 feet for Open and 4 feet for Lap. Each attempt will be given 90 seconds. If a dog does not jump and times out, the next attempt will begin immediately and will run until either the dog jumps, or time expires. If a dog times out or does not jump, this will be counted as a miss. If a dog misses and begins to swim around under the bumper, the NADD AR crew will immediately move the rig out away from over the pool. The handler must either call the dog back or throw a toy to lure the dog back. Once the dog has started back to the dock, the rig will be reset. Once the rig is reset, regardless of the dogs positon, time will begin for the next attempt.
You will be required to sign a waiver and liability release form for both 24k and NADD. Once signed and checked in you will receive an armband. You will not be allowed on the dock without an armband. Please keep your armband for the entire event.
If you have a reactive dog and choose to participate in any Dock Diving activities here at 24k Diving Dogs you will be responsible for keeping your dog under your control at ALL times. Feel free to use a basket muzzle if you like. Keep ample space from all other dogs. IF your dog lunges or causes any reactive incident you will be invited to leave and forfeit any or all monies due to 24k Diving Dogs or NADD. We want all dogs to enjoy the sport of diving dogs however we must keep the sport safe for everyone and every dog. If you have a reactive dog take measures to keep your dog out of any incidents so that it can enjoy the sport as well.
Our weather is known to shift within minutes. Generally events will be held during light rain. If there is lightning in the area everything will be cancelled or delayed. All measures will be made to get all the splashes in.
Please pick up ALL of your dogs accidents, failure to do so will result in you being asked to leave the grounds and forfeiting any monies owed 24k Diving Dogs and NADD. There will be poop buckets available for YOU to dispose of your dogs poop.
Unless crated, dogs must be leashed at all times except when on the dock or working with an instructor. Leashes cannot exceed 6’ in length. Retractable leashes are absolutely prohibited. Prong collars are allowed but must be removed before entering the dock.
There are designated areas for dropping off gear, parking, and crating.
Please follow signs for parking and dropping off gear. Everyone should park in the pasture along the fence running along Tobacco Circle. You may pull up next to the kennels to drop off your gear. Crating and Tents can be set up next to the pool area. No parking is allowed near the pool area unless you have a handicap sign (there will be a handicapped parking area marked)!!! You may crate and have tents in the pool area but no parking. We will have someone directing you if you have questions.
NADD is making a clarification on the No-Show and Preregistration policy. If you preregister for any event, AND do not show up on the first day(s) that you preregistered for.....you will be removed from the preregistration list and added to the ON-site list...This will result in a few possibilities:
1) If this is a facility event, you will be charged $25 for the splashes.
2) If the event fills, you may lose your spot.
To avoid this, please, remove your dog from any splashes you will not be able to attend 7 days prior to the day of the event. This will help avoid any of the above listed possibilities.
Anyone who pushes or throws their dog into the pool or in any other way abuses their dog will be excluded from further participation and will forfeit any splash or fees!
Absolutely NO dogs are allowed in the pond at any time or inside any of our training areas (agility ring, obedience ring, barn).
cash and checks are preferred however we will accept credit cards with a 3% convenience fee assessed
******KIM LANGEVIN WILL BE OUR PHOTOGRAPER AT ALL OUR EVENTS THIS SEASON*****
Please no other camera photography, cellphones ok. Kim is very talented and we are grateful that she will be at our events this year to capture all our dogs!!!
7771 Florida Georgia Hwy (4.7 miles)
El Jalisco Havana (5.8 miles)
102 East First Ave
Millers Lighthouse Seafood Grill (5.5 miles)
6780 Florida Georgia Hwy
Havana FL 32333
Campground · Open · 47 on TripAdvisor
6504 Mahan Dr, Tallahassee, FL · (850) 878-7641
Campground · Open · 16 on TripAdvisor
4857 McMillan Rd, Ochlocknee, GA · (229) 227-1451
Campground · 20 on TripAdvisor
4024 N Monroe St, Tallahassee, FL · (850) 562-4660
Hotels – call and check for pet policies
2800 US Highway 84 E ·(229) 377-8000 Cairo GA
1403 Tallahassee Hwy ·(229) 243-7000 Bainbridge GA
2727 Graves Rd ·(850) 562-7200 Tallahassee FL
2979 Apalachee Pkwy ·(850) 309-1300 Tallahassee FL