- This is an Indoor Event
- Online registration closes 09/10/2019 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: Ops@northamericadivingdogs.com
Contact Phone: 706-351-2980
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
National Championship Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top dog in each division will receive an automatic invite to the National Championships.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
01:30 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
01:30 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
11:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
Come join us and support Because Animals Matter with their 8th annual Dog Day Spectacular event, and jump in our Qualifier for Nationals! This is a three day qualifying event, with close parking, food for purchase onsite, as well as frisbee, agility courses, games and crafts to benefit BAM Dog Rescue. Pool and dock will be on asphalt, and crating/tent areas are on asphalt and grass. Pop Up tents and crates are recommended, for the comfort of your dog while you walk around and enjoy the festival on Saturday. NADD will be there all three days, but the DDS is only 9/8, with frisbee on Saturday and Sunday. This is a mobile event, that has timed splashes, and will not be using the open splash schedule. We will also be offering Finals at this event, on Sunday starting at 230pm.
Pet Friendly host Hotel in Hurricane is MyPlace. Please register under the company name: Dog Day Spectacular and the discounted rate code: DOGDAY. Can be booked online using code, or can call in at (855) 200-5685.
Air Retrieve on Friday will be run Low to High, meaning we will start with the shorter starting distances to the farther ones. Saturday we will run High to Low (farthest start distance to shortest). This way the same dogs aren't waiting to jump all the time. We will have Day Of spots available once pre registration is full.
We accept cash and credit cards (3% fee applies). Sorry, no checks.
We will award flat ribbons for all dogs who enter, Personal Best flat ribbons and title rosettes. In addition, we also have Advanced and Excellent through Excellent 7 larger rosettes. We have separate Air Retrieve ribbons for the Advanced, Excellent and Excellent 2 titles.