- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/11/2019 at midnight.
- Price per splash for this event is $25.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 8318014557
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
National Championship Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of all the jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top dog in each division will receive an automatic invite to the National Championships.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
- AS TIME ALLOWS: Each competing dog will get one Try-it ticket per day that they are entered, to use for an extra practice round. The handler must request this ticket at check-in. Each dog will be given three minutes on the dock. If a Try-it or competing dog wishes to have more time, they may purchase additional tickets as timing allows.
08:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #13 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #14 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #15 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #16 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #104 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #17 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 3pm.
08:00 am: Splash #18 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 3pm.
08:00 am: Splash #19 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 3pm.
08:00 am: Splash #20 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 3pm.
*** If you would like to be added to AR on Wednesday but couldn't get in, please email email@example.com with your dog's name, NADD # and owners name. ***
We are back again for another fun year of jumping at the 5th largest cluster show in the US, and the largest on the West Coast! Last year we were incredibly busy, and we thank you for waiting patiently for your turn to jump. This year is extra special, since we will have TWO docks and pools set up for competition. Make sure to stop by registration and say "hi" to the West Coast Mobile Dock's mascot, mini Schnauzer Nemo! We will once again be located in the rodeo arena, on sand. There is space in the arena to crate and set up tents. We highly recommend some ground cover for your tenting area, to keep your crates sand free.
Please remember, that due to the high entry numbers expected, it's recommended to pre register to ensure you get into the splashes that you need. We will offer on site registration, as well as Try It’s for dogs who have never gone off the dock. Day Of registrations will be allowed each day, on the day you wish to jump, until there is no space. Air Retrieve will have 7 Day Of spots available (per day) and we will not have a waiting list . All spots are on a first come basis, as this is the most fair for everyone. Practice cards for competitors will only be given out if requested. Each dog will have the option of a practice jump before their two competition jumps. Please make sure to turn in your splash cards as early as possible each day, so you have lots of time to get your jumps completed. On Sunday, all jumps need to be completed before 3pm.
We accept cash and credit cards. Sorry, no checks.
Air Retrieve on Wednesday will be run Low to High, meaning we will start with the shortest starting distance on one pool, and the farthest starting distance on the other. Thursday we will run Middle out (Middle two starting distances each on a separate pool, and working outwards). Friday we will run alphabetically by dog name. We will split the running order up evenly between the two pools. Saturday we will run reverse alphabetically. This way the same dogs aren't waiting to jump all the time.
NADD Official Merchandise Store will be here in full force, so make sure to stop by and go shopping! We will be having fun giveaways and contests throughout the event, to help pass the time between jumps.
We will award flat ribbons for all dogs who enter, First Time Competition flat ribbons, Personal Best flat ribbons and title rosettes. In addition, we also have Advanced and Excellent through Excellent 7 larger rosettes. We have special Air Retrieve ribbons for Q’s, titles, Advanced, Excellent and Excellent 2 titles.
Judges will be: Ashley Klair, Kristi Baird, Vicki Francks, Becky Johnson