AKC 2019 Sacramento Kennel Club
April 11, 2019 - April 14, 2019 (Thursday - Sunday)
This is a qualifier event for the National Diving Dog Championships.
- Online registration closes 04/08/2019 at midnight.
- Price per splash for this event is $25.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 8318014557
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
National Championship Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of all the jumps from the event for each dog. The top two averages in each division will receive an automatic invite to the National Championships.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
- Each competing dog will get one Try-it ticket per day that they are entered, to use for an extra practice round. Each dog will be given three minutes on the dock. If a Try-it or competing dog wishes to have more time, they may purchase additional tickets as timing allows.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 3pm.
09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 3pm.
09:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 3pm.
We will offer on site registration, as well as Try It’s for dogs who have never gone off the dock. Day Of registrations will be allowed each day, on the day you wish to jump, until there is no space. Air Retrieve will have 10 Day Of spots available (per day) and we will not have a waiting list . All spots are on a first come basis, as this is the most fair for everyone. Each dog will have the option of a practice jump before their two competition jumps. Please make sure to turn in your splash cards early each day, so you have lots of time to get your jumps completed. On Sunday, all jumps need to be completed before 3pm. Make sure to stop by registration and say "hi" to the West Coast Mobile Dock's mascot, mini Schnauzer Nemo!
Air Retrieve on Thursday will be run Low to High, meaning we will start with the shortest starting distance and going out. Friday we will run High to Low, starting with the farthest starting distance and coming in. Saturday we will run alphabetically by dog name. This way the same dogs aren't waiting to jump all the time.
NADD Official Merchandise Store will be here in full force, so make sure to stop by and go shopping!
We will award flat ribbons for all dogs who enter, First Time Competition flat ribbons, Personal Best flat ribbons and title rosettes. In addition, we also have Advanced and Excellent through Excellent 7 larger rosettes. We have special Air Retrieve ribbons for Q’s, titles, Advanced, Excellent and Excellent 2 titles.
Venue details: Parking is $10 per day. If you’re coming for more than one day, you can buy weekend passes from the NADD registration desk at a discount. Cash is only accepted for parking passes, per the venue. If you print out your registration confirmation email, you will not be charged to get in. All competitors and their dogs will enter through the blue gate, which is close to where the dock and pool will be set up. You will NOT be able to drive into the venue from the parking lot to unload, so we highly recommend bringing a cart, to help make your walk in, with your dog and all their gear, as easy as possible. The venue is on asphalt, and there is room around our site for pop ups to be set up. Please be respectful of the space we are given, and limit space between tents.
Judges will be: Ashley Rietfors