AKC 2019 Flat Coat Retriever National Specialty- OPEN TO ALL BREEDS
June 14, 2019 - June 17, 2019 (Friday - Monday)
Registration for this event will begin on 02/12/2019
- Online registration begins on 02/12/2019 and closes 06/11/2019 at midnight.
- Price per splash for this event is $25.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 8318014557
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
- Each competing dog will get one Try-it ticket per day that they are entered, to use for an extra practice round. Each dog will be given three minutes on the dock. If a Try-it or competing dog wishes to have more time, they may purchase additional tickets as timing allows.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 2pm. Finals at 230pm.
09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 2pm. Finals at 230pm
09:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 2pm. Finals at 230pm.
We are excited to be invited to the Flat Coat Retriever National Specialty! Although we are here to help the Flatties celebrate all things Flat Coat, Diving Dogs is OPEN TO ALL BREEDS! Everyone from tiny Yorkies to giant Mastiffs are welcome to rock the dock. Make sure to stop by registration and say "hi" to the West Coast Mobile Dock's mascot, mini Schnauzer Nemo!
We will offer on site registration, as well as Try It’s for dogs who have never gone off the dock. Day Of registrations will be allowed each day, on the day you wish to jump, until there is no space. Air Retrieve will have Day Of spots available (per day) and we will not have a waiting list . All spots are on a first come basis, as this is the most fair for everyone. Each dog will have the option of a practice jump before their two competition jumps. Please make sure to turn in your splash cards early each day, so you have lots of time to get your jumps completed. On Monday, all jumps need to be completed before 2pm, to allow for Finals at 230pm, and then pool tear down.
Air Retrieve on Friday will be run Low to High, meaning we will start with the shortest starting distance and go out. Saturday we will run High to Low, starting with the farthest distance and come in. Sunday we will run alphabetically by dog name. We do this, so the same dogs aren't waiting to jump all the time. Finals will be on Monday starting at 230pm, and while the finals jumps don't count towards titles and qualifying legs, we will be awarding special FCR Specialty Finals placement ribbons for 1st-3rd of each division for Open, and Top 5 Lap Dogs overall. We will also be awarding the top 1st-3rd Flat Coats for the event, as well as the top Non-Flat Coat of the event.
NADD Official Merchandise Store will be here in full force, so make sure to stop by and go shopping! We will be having fun giveaways and contests throughout the event, to help pass the time between jumps. We will also be selling a few, limited edition FCRNS 2019 items, so make sure to check those out!
We will award flat ribbons for all dogs who enter, First Time Competition flat ribbons, Personal Best flat ribbons and title rosettes. In addition, we also have Advanced and Excellent through Excellent 7 larger rosettes. We have special Air Retrieve ribbons for Q’s, titles, Advanced, Excellent and Excellent 2 titles.
Judges will be: Ashley Rietfors