K9 Manners & More Dog Daze of Summer
September 15, 2018 - September 16, 2018 (Saturday - Sunday)
This event is now completed.
- Online registration closes 09/13/2018 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
Please read before signing up!
Early Bird Check-in: To expedite the check-in and payment process, admin will be open for check-in on Friday from 5pm-7pm for the weekend splashes. If you prepay for the weekend splashes you can practice for free from 5-7pm on Friday.
ALL pre-entered splashes MUST be paid for at first check in for the event. New NADD rule as of August 30th requires competitors to check-in 30 minutes prior to their first splash. If a competitor DOES NOT check-in on time, they will be marked as a "no show" and all splashes will be charged at the "day of" cost, $25.00 per splash. If you cannot attend, please remove your entry the day before the event or you will be marked as a no show.
Our weather is known to shift within minutes. Generally, events will be held during light rain. If there is lightning in the area everything will be cancelled or delayed. All measures will be made to get all the splashes in.
Try-Its will be offered between splashes as time permits. Try-it cost is $10 for 2 tickets – 3 minutes on the dock.
Practice jumps – for dogs that are entered - are allowed in between Splashes as time permits – 3 minutes on the dock.
Day of Event Entries are offered as space permits.
Judges meeting: each competitor must attend a judges meeting prior to your first splash. Meetings will be held in front of the dock 10 minutes before each splash.
Waivers - You will be required to sign a waiver and liability release form for both K9 Manners & More and NADD. Every person on the dock needs to sign the waiver. Once signed and checked in you will receive an armband. You will not be allowed on the dock without an armband. Please keep your armband for the entire event.
Dogs must be on leash at all times except when on the dock, and retractable (flexi) leashes are prohibited. Leashes must not exceed 6’ in length. Any pinch/prong collar, or electronic collar must be removed as you enter the dock.
Please communicate to a staff person any problems, concerns, or issues you so that we may address them in real time to solve it during the event. So please do not hesitate to talk to us! We want you to have the best possible experience at our event.
Anyone who pushes or throws their dog into the pool (for splashes and try-it times) or in any other way abuses their dog will be excluded from further participation and will forfeit any splash or fees!
Please be courteous and pick up after your pets. Failure to pick up poop promptly could result in you being asked to leave the grounds and forfeiting any monies owed K9 Manners & More and NADD.
Female dogs that are "In Heat" are not allowed.
Absolutely no RV's or big trucks, no overnight parking or camping.
NO dogs are allowed on the agility equipment or any training areas.