Duke's Dash to the BIG Splash!
July 13, 2018 - July 15, 2018 (Friday - Sunday)
This is a qualifier event for the National Diving Dog Championships.
This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/11/2018 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
National Championship Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of all the jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top dog in each division will receive an automatic invite to the National Championships.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
02:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - Must be signed in by 1:30 pm
04:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - Must be signed in by 3:30pm
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Additional onsite spots available, 1st come, 1st serve
09:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - Must be signed in by 8:30 am
11:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - Must be signed in by 10:30 am
01:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - Must be signed in by 12:30 pm
03:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - Must be signed in by 2:30 pm
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - Additional onsite spots available, 1st come, 1st serve
10:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - Must be signed in by 9:30 am
12:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump) - Must be signed in by 11:30 am
02:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump) - Must be signed in by 1:30 pm
TRY ITS and additional competitor practice tickets will NOT be offered at this qualifier**
Duke’s only qualifer of the 2018 season! See if your dog has what it takes to “Dash” to the biggest “splash” of the year...the National Championship!!
Pre-Registration entries are full for this event. Onsite entires will be accepted starting Friday at Noon, first come, first serve, as space allows.
There are no finals at a qualifier, instead we will be announcing and awarding the dogs who earned an invite to the 2018 National Championship during an award ceremony at 4:30pm on Sunday!