- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration begins on 12/28/2020 at 12:00 am and closes 04/27/2021 at midnight (CST).
- Price per splash for this event is $28.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
- AS TIME ALLOWS: Each competing dog will get one Try-it ticket per day that they are entered, to use for an extra practice round. The handler must request this ticket at check-in. Each dog will be given three minutes on the dock. If a Try-it or competing dog wishes to have more time, they may purchase additional tickets as timing allows.
03:30 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
06:30 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
Join Pier Pups as we kick off the 2021 season at the Green Bay Pet Expo at the brand new Resch Expo, right across the street from historic Lambeau Field in Green Bay, WI.
Tickets are required to enter the Green Bay Pet Expo. The Green Bay Pet Expo is providing FREE entry and FREE parking to participants registered on or before April 1st. If you register after April 1st, you will have to purchase tickets and parking in advance or at the door. Visit www.reschcenter.com to purchase advance tickets. The doors open at 3:00 pm on Friday and 10:00 am on Saturday and Sunday. If you are registering for the first session of each day, we will make every attempt to accommodate any late arrivals.
Hotel - AmericInn Green Bay West
2032 Velp Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
For more information, please visit www.pierpups.com
Due to the evolving situation regarding Covid-19, we will keep you informed of any changes to this event via email through NADD. Please make sure your email address is updated in the NADD Portal. We will be adhering to all State, Federal, CDC and NADD regulations and recommendations regarding safely operating an event. When we get closer to the event date and know the regulations and recommendations of the day, we will post on pierpups.com, Facebook, this NADD event page and email. See our Covid-19 Plan below.
We look forward to seeing you all on the dock!
The Pier Pups Crew
- Registration will open at 3:00 PM on Friday, at 10:00 AM on Saturday and 10:00 AM on Sunday.
- Pool will be open for practice at 3:00 PM on Friday, at 10:00 AM on Saturday and at 10:00 AM on Sunday.
- Please arrive at the pool and check in at least 30 min before your first splash.
- Please print off, sign and bring along the NADD Covid Waiver, NADD Waiver and Pier Pups Waiver. We will need all three signed waivers before you will be issued a wristband and allowed on the dock. Any additional handlers/holders will also need to sign the waivers.
- We accept cash, checks, contactless PayPal payments and credit cards. Credit cards will be charged an additional 3% service charge.
- Handlers meeting will be held approx. 15 min before the first splash of the day.
- "Day-Of" registration spots for Distance and Air Retrieve (if offered on that day). Try-Its will be allowed as space permits.
- Crating - There will be a designated crating area for dogs competing in dock diving. Dogs are allowed in the expo, provided they are on a 6' leash, NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES.
- What to Bring - We suggest that you bring your dog's favorite floating toy, food and water, treats, collar and leash, towels for drying off, blankets and crate. We might also suggest that you bring a change of clothes for yourself and perhaps, a coat for your dog, since we could still have winter weather in Wisconsin and it can be cold especially when you're wet. Again this year, we will be running a propane heater prior to the event starting, but the water may still be a bit cooler than in summer. Blankets, extra towels and crate covers will help to keep your dog warm. There is electricity in the crating area if you want to bring a dryer for your dog.
- If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are so glad to be back to dock diving and can’t wait to see all of your smiling faces again! We would like to share with you our plan for keeping you and our staff healthy and safe during the Covid-19 Pandemic. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you are sick or not feeling quite right, or have been exposed to someone who is sick or not feeling quite right, please DO NOT COME! If you are immune-compromised or are at a greater risk of complications from Covid-19, please consider not coming. If you are at all uncomfortable with people gathering, please consider not coming.
We will be adhering to social distancing practices and will be rigorously sanitizing, however this is a respiratory virus primarily spread through respiratory droplets, and we cannot keep people from breathing.
Masks or face coverings are suggested but not required. We will have several sanitizing stations available for your use, but we encourage all competitors to bring their own hand sanitizer and/or wipes.
Crating Please respect social distancing practices when choosing a spot to set up your crates/canopies.
When you arrive
Please plan on arriving at least 45 minutes before your first scheduled splash. Sign in at the admin tent may take a bit longer due to extra precautions taken. After parking and setting up your crate, please make your way to the Admin tent to sign in. Payment will be taken by a staff member using hand sanitizer before each transaction. We will accept cash, check, credit card and contactless PayPal payments. Only one competitor at a time will be allowed at the admin desk to sign in. Please follow the 6’ social distancing markers while waiting to sign in.
To minimize contact, please print off, sign and bring with you 1) The standard NADD waiver 2) the New NADD Covid-19 Waiver and 3) the Pier Pups waiver. We will issue you a wristband that will allow you on the dock once we have received all three waivers. Also, any additional handlers must also complete these waivers and have a wristband to enter the dock area.
We will be running the event as a regular closed splash event with set splash times. There will be only 3 teams in the staging area at a time: the team on the dock, one on deck, and one in the hole. We will use the sound system and a white board to keep everyone up to date on the running order.
There will be one-way traffic signs directing you after leaving the dock.
Hand sanitizer will be available in various locations throughout the grounds, including the admin tent, all bathrooms, at the bottom of the dock, and the ribbon table.
The dock stair railing and gates will be sanitized with a disinfecting solution after every 20 dogs and before and after each splash. There will be disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer at the bottom of the dock for competitors to use if they wish. The pool will also be chlorinated and AR bumpers sanitized and rinsed before returning to competitor or being placed on the rig.
All workers will respect social distancing and use hand sanitizer before and after transactions with customers, and all high touch surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day.
Ribbon labels will be filled out by one person per splash and ribbons will be placed on a table on the far side of the admin tent immediately following the splash.
We realize that some of these steps may be a little inconvenient, but we really appreciate everyone's cooperation so that we may continue to hold events while doing our best to keep everyone safe and comfortable.