Teamworks Dog Training
- This is an Outdoor Facility
We now have a 45' x 21' POOL. Our dock is covered in seamless turf. We have a 4' wide exit ramp out of the water for dogs and an ADA compliant exit ramp off the dock. Ample parking and grounds to walk your dog. Air conditioned building for crating, as well as shaded areas for tents. RV Parking with 30amp electric hook-ups available on site. See website for RV reservations or call 919-855-0422.
Registration and open dock from 7am-8am each day. First splash begins at 8am. Next splash immediately following the end of the previous splash.
PLEASE CALL THE Teamworks weather hotline 919-340-0120 in case of inclement weather. Thunderstorms could cause a delayed start.
- Our Pool Rules Include:
- NO TOSSING FOOD MATTER OF ANY KIND IN THE WATER.
- No shock collars allowed on site.
No dogs in heat allowed in or around the pond or anywhere on the grounds.
Any dog using the pool must be current on rabies, Bordetella, and DHPP vaccinations and must not have chronic coughing, any diarrhea, or any vomiting.
DOGS WITH A FRESH FRONTLINE-TYPE TOPICAL FLEA/TICK APPLICATION (LESS THAN 48 HOURS) MAY NOT SWIM IN THE POOL.
All dog excrement must be removed and disposed of properly in and around the pool.
- If a dog has an accident in the pool (urine, feces, vomit), there will be a $50 clean-up fee.
Dogs must remain in the fenced area around the pond to be off leash.
Here are the guidelines for our "COVID-19 Plan" for our NADD trials:
- NADD and AKC are requiring that you sign a COVID waiver.
- NADD has recommended that NO DAY of SHOW be ACCEPTED during the month of May. You MUST PRE-REGISTER.
- NADD also has recommended that ALL PAPERWORK be filled out ahead of time and EMAILED in.
- NADD has recommended NO CASH PAYMENTS. Please pay by PayPal to email@example.com (which will show up as Virtual Dog Sports) or write a check, which will be dropped in the blue box.
- We ask that nobody with a fever or cough attend the trial. We ask that you not attend if someone in your house has a fever. If you are unsure if you have a fever/are sick, please stay home.
- We ask that EVERYONE wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth on the dock, on the ramp, in line to get on the ramp, in the pool area, in the bathrooms, and in the Pavillion. Wearing a mask in public is a guideline in our state. You will need to bring your own mask. It can simply be a bandana (preferrably with a HEPA filter inside it), but you need to wear your mask when you are on the dock, on the ramp, or in the spectator area, or in the clubhouse, Pavillion or bathrooms. We will have signs reminding you that you are in a "mask-querade" zone.
- We will provide gloves for all of our workers, but if you have your own gloves, please bring them! Any kind of gloves will work (gardening or bicycle gloves).
- We will have wipes and hand sanitizer available for competitors but please bring your own
- We will ask that everyone stay at least 6 feet apart at all times. I know this is going to be difficult, but the masks will also help remind you to do so.
- Unfortunately, that means that we are not going to congregate in the spectator area. I know...it's going to be strange, but I'm going to remove the seats from the spectator area so we have more room to line up (at a distance). If you want to watch a friend run, you can stand and watch, but please leave shortly thereafter. This rule of number of people per square foot will conform to the guidelines set forth by our governor.
- Remember, you must also wear your mask up on the dock. So PLEASE get your dog used to your mask NOW. Masks on people can be scary to a dog, so spend some time acclimating your dog to people wearing masks.
- We will ask everyone to pack their own lunch so that we are not hovering over open food. We will still provide individually wrapped snacks, bottled water, and Keurig coffee You will be able to use the refrigerator to store you lunch, and the microwave to heat it up. We will ask that you are careful to use hand sanitizer and lysol wipes to wipe things down in the clubhouse. You MUST wear your mask in the clubhouse.
- We will provide an additional hospitality station, with bottled water, snacks, a microwave and Keurig in the Pavillion so that there is not a crowd in the clubhouse.
- While we usually allow crating near the arena and in the Pavillion, that would put people too close to each other. This is going to be difficult, but we are NOT allowing crating in the Pavillion. We are going to ask EVERYONE to work out of their cars. Please bring your own shade. You can put up a tent over your car or cover your car with aluminet shade cloth. Bring battery-operated fans too. If you want to run your car with the air conditioning going, please consider purchasing a temperature sensor for your car. Clean Run sells one for about $30. If you run your car with the air on, please be careful to BACK YOUR CAR INTO YOUR SPOT, and point your exhaust pipe towards the fence, rather than the driveway. If you do NOT plan to run your car's air conditioning, pull in with your front bumper to the fence. This will orient you in a different direction and you should be able to have your rear doors open away from where the exhaust is. I know these rules are very cumbersome, but are going to try to prevent exhaust from leaking into someone else's car with open windows.
- We will NOT have placement awards at the end of the event. Ribbons will be self-serve (and spread out on the tables) and results will be posted online. Sorry guys - I know this is usually a lot of fun, but its just not a good idea to gather like that.
- As a thank you for your support, I will have some really cute bandanas (that can serve as a face mask) for anyone who would like one.
Thanks for registering for our event, and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Please see http://teamworksdogtraining.org/Events/Teamworks_dock_diving_events.html for more information.