- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 03/01/2023 at midnight (CST).
- Price per splash for this event is $0.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to three minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
NADD is excited to work with the AKC for a special invitation only event to showcase the sport of Diving Dogs! This event will be held at on Saturday, April 1 thru Sunday, April 2nd. This will be produced for television by AKC-TV for ESPN.
This event will be held outdoors in Raleigh, NC. The average high weather temperature will be in the high 60's to low 70's. The water temperature is estimated to be in the 60's.
Practice & handler meeting will be on Sat. Apr 1. The filming will be on Sun. Apr 2.
REQUIREMENTS TO REGISTER FOR EVENT - There will be a random drawing for spots available from the pre-registration.
a) MUST attend April 1 & 2. Please do NOT enter if you can not be there both days.
b) Have an AKC registration number. This does include a PAL & Canine Partner Number.
c) Have a ranked 2022 season average with NADD.
1. Distance - Season average over 20 ft.
2. Air Retrieve - Season average over 18 ft
3. Hydro Dash - Season average less than 15.999
1. Distance - Season average over 13 ft.
2. Air Retrieve - Season average over 13 ft
3. Hydro Dash - Season average less than 19.999
d) You can register for multiple disciplines but can only be chosen for ONE discipline per dog. You cannot do both with the same dog.
e) Jumps will NOT count towards jumps on your dog in the NADD portal.
f) There is no registration cost to the competitors to compete in this event.
g) Pre-registration will CLOSE on 2/26/23
h) A random drawing with be held on 2/27/23 for the 10 (open) 2 (lap) in each discipline and 2 alternates
i) NADD will notify the Invitee's by email & post on the Facebook NADD Fan Page group.