- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/07/2023 at midnight (CDT).
- Price per splash for this event is $30.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 920-212-0364
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to three minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00.
10:00 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
12:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
12:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
11:30 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
01:30 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
A Fair admission ticket is required to enter the Jefferson County Fair. For teams competing at the Jefferson County Fair, the Fair is offering discounted adult Fair admission of only $5.00 per ticket and FREE parking! Limit 2 tickets per handler per day. To purchase additional tickets for family members, seniors and children under 12 years old please visit Jefferson County Fair.
Approximately 3 weeks before the Fair, we will email you a parking pass and a link to purchase your discounted admission tickets.
Prizes will be awarded each day to the top teams! At the end of each day, the First place dog in each Open Distance division and the First place dog in all Lap Distance divisions combined, will win $25 and a Jefferson County Fair ribbon. Second and Third place in each Open Distance division and the Second and Third place dog in all Lap Distance divisions combined will win a Jefferson County Fair Ribbon.
In order to qualify to win prizes and ribbons, a dog must jump in 3 total splashes in a given day. You can jump a minimum of 1 Air Retrieve splash and 2 Distance splashes, or a minimum of 3 Distance splashes in a given day. You may jump in all 4 splashes in a given day if you wish. However, only Distance splash scores will entered in the bubble. The bubble will not be cumulative over the 3 day event, but will start over each day. The dog's longest jump of the day will be recorded as their end score in the bubble. A dog may only place in one division per day. The placements in the bubble for the Jefferson County Fair are independent of NADD scoring. You will still receive any NADD titles you have earned at the event.
Prizes will be awarded shortly after the end of the last splash each day. If you are not present to collect your prizes, you must make arrangements to have someone pick them up for you or pick them up at another event. Just let us know when and where you would like to pick them up.
Friday, July 14th
Air Retrieve: 10:00 AM
Distance: 12:00, 2:00 and 4:00
Saturday, July 15th
Air Retrieve: 10:00
Distance: 12:00, 2:00, 4:00
Sunday, July 16th
Air Retrieve: 10:00
Distance: 11:30, 12:30, 1:30
Registration will open at 9:00 AM.
Pool will be open for practice at 9:00 AM.
Please arrive at the pool and check in at least 45 min before your first splash.
Payment for splashes can be made with cash, checks, contactless PayPal payments and credit cards. Credit cards and PayPal payments will be charged an additional 3% service charge.
Handlers meeting will be held approx. 15 min before the first splash of the day.
"Day-Of" registration spots for Distance, Hydrodash and Air Retrieve (if offered on that day). Try-Its will be allowed as space permits.
There is plenty of space near the pool to set up a canopy. Canopies may be left up overnight at your own risk.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking and crating
Please have the parking pass that was emailed to you ready for the gate attendant. They will direct you to parking. We would recommend bringing a wagon or cart to haul your equipment. It is a fairly short walk from the parking area to the pool, and you may choose to crate from your car if you wish. Please respect social distancing practices when choosing a spot to set up your crates/canopies.
When you arrive
Please plan on arriving at least 45 minutes before your first scheduled splash. After parking and setting up your crate/canopy, please make your way to the Admin tent to sign in and pay for your splashes. We will accept cash, check, credit card and contactless PayPal payments.
Waivers - NEW digital waivers!
Please click HERE to digitally sign the event waivers. If you prefer paper, click HERE to print off, sign and bring with you all 3 waivers: 1) the standard NADD waiver 2) the New NADD Covid-19 Waiver and 3) the Pier Pups waiver. We will issue you a wristband that will allow you on the dock once we have received all three waivers. Also, any additional handlers must also complete these waivers and have a wristband to enter the dock area.
We will be running the event as a regular closed splash event with set splash times. There will be only 3 teams in the staging area at a time: the team on the dock, one on deck, and one in the hole. We will also use the sound system and a white board to keep everyone up to date on the running order.
Ribbon labels will be placed on a table on the far side of the admin tent immediately following the splash.
Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.