- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 06/24/2022 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
10:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #104 (Air Retrieve)
Judge Jeff Lund
Judge Ellen Murphy
NADD Judge Jeff Lund is NADD certified to verify "LAP" dog heights.
Due to recent changes in Kentucky State Sales Tax Laws, we are required to collect sales tax on all entries. The KY sales tax of 6% will be added to all entries at the time of registration.
All competitors paying with credit/debit cards, PayPal or any other banking service that charges a point of sale fee to our facility will have that fee added onto all entries at the time of registration
Woodburn Canine Training Center CoVid-19 Event Plan for our 2022 Trial Season
As of June 12th, 2021 ALL mask, social distancing and Kentucky state mandatory Covid-19 requirements have been rescinded. We will continue to follow the below listed Facility Covid-19 rules. We here at WCTC want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable weekend!
The Woodburn Canine Training Center has established the following rules for the above listed event in order to comply with Federal, State and Local laws and guidelines to reduce the potential exposure to CoVid-19.
- All individuals will stop at the vehicle check-in and receive there NADD waivers for all vehicle passengers before going to the parking area with their vehicle.
- After the vehicle is checked-in and parked individuals will check in with no more than 3 people at a time in the administration canopy.
- ONLY WCTC event staff are allowed inside the canopy except during the check in process.
- All Individuals on the facility grounds are required to sign both NAAD waivers.
- Payment may be received by cash, check or PayPal. PayPal processing fees will be added to the total due.
- KY State sales tax must be collected, the sales tax rate is 6%. For ease of processing:
- If you have preregistered your dog the additional sales tax of $1.00 per splash will be added to your entry fee. (The actual sales tax is $1.38 for your $23 entry fee, for ease of processing at check in WCTC will pay the additional $.38 sales tax due at the time of entry).
- There WILL BE ON SITE entries allowed for this event.
- If you register your dog on site the additional sales tax of $1.00 per splash will be added to your entry fee. (The actual sales tax is $1.68 for your $28 entry fee, for ease of processing at check-in the WCTC will pay the additional $.68 sales tax due at the time of entry).
- There will be NO TRY-IT’S ALLOWED at this event.
- Splashes will run in normal running order.
- Only two people will be allowed on the dock at a time.
- Only the handler(s) on the dock, the judge and (1) WCTC administrative person will be allowed in the defined dock area (fenced and marked) during distance splashes.
- One additional administrative person may be added for the Air Retrieve as a loader to help keep the process moving in a quick and safe manner.
- NO OTHER INDIVIDUALS OR DOGS ARE ALLOWED INSIDE the dock area.
- NO ONE EXCEPT THE NADD JUDGE (AND APPRENTICE JUDGE) WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE JUDGING WALKWAY WHILE THE JUDGE IS JUDGING THE SPLASH
- A LIMITED NUMBER OF SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED on the facility grounds.
- Spectators must sign the NADD waivers upon entry to the grounds.
- If they are minors then there parent or legal guardian must sign the wavier for them
- You may only jump in the splashes entered into for that day. If you are entered in more than one day you will not be allowed to “combine multiple days” jumps.
Social Distancing Guidelines
- All Social Distancing Guidelines will be enforced.
- You must maintain a 6’ separation between you and anyone else while on the facility grounds.
- All dogs must also maintain a 6’ separation from other dogs and people (per CDC guidelines)
- You must park your vehicle in designated areas and a minimum parking and set up area of 20x20’ is required for each vehicle.
- Except for check in and to pick up ribbons which will be in a marked basket on the table no one is allowed inside the office canopy except event officials.
- Anyone at high risk for the CoVid-19 must let WCTC know at check in.High risk individuals must remain inside their vehicle as much as possible except during their splash(s).
- High risk individuals must wear a mask at all times when outside of their vehicle
- All individuals must remain at least 6 feet apart
- Two ON DECK areas will be marked near the dock entrance where the next two competitors will stay with their dogs while waiting their turn.
- At NO TIME will anyone enter the pool except for WCTC staff. (Per KY State executive orders no one is allowed to swim in a public or semi-private pool. Canines are allowed to swim).
- If anyone fails to follow any instructions by WCTC regarding social distancing they will be asked to leave immediately.
- We have installed a fresh water hose for your dogs to rinse off in or to get water for yourself or your dogs is available near the dock area.
- There could be additional rules and changes made on the “Day of” if new federal, state or local CoVid-19 rules or guidelines are established. That we may have to change our current rules in order to remain in compliance.