This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 06/03/2022 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
10:30 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - This splash will start immediately after the end of Splash 1
01:30 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - This splash will begin immediately after the end of Splash 2.
03:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - This splash will start immediately after the end of Splash 3.
06:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - This splash will start immediately after the end of Splash 5.
12:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
02:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - This splash will start immediately after the end of Hydrodash.
03:30 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump) - This splash will start immediately after the end of Splash 7
09:00 am: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash) - **Must be present for handler's meeting at 8:30***
10:30 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump) - This splash will start immediately after the end of Hydrodash 2
12:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump) - This splash will start immediately after the end of Splash 9
01:30 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump) - This splash will start immediately after the end of Splash 10
Join us for the first competition of the season! PLEASE WATCH THIS EVENT DESCRIPTION FOR UPDATES WITH REGARDS TO ANY COVID RESTRICTIONS/REGULATIONS THAT MAY BE IN PLACE.
**** Try its will NOT be offered at this event. ***
This event is held on private property - Gates open at 7:30 am and close at 10pm. On-Site camping is AVAILABLE for this event by preregistration only - limited spots, email to reserve. $10 per night. EMAIL email@example.com after entering the event to reserve your camping spot. Help keep our neighbors happy by controlling barking between splashes. Camping is only available on Thursday, Friday and Saturday/Sunday nights. If you need camping before or after those dates, some ideas are: Ten Mile Lake Provincial Park is beautiful and is less than a 10 minute drive from our pool. The Airport Inn Motel also has a campground within 10 minutes.
We have plenty of space poolside for shade tents and crating. You will need to provide your own shade.
Ribbons for each qualifying jump, top 3 placements per division for each splash, and Rosettes for each title earned. Ribbons are 'self serve' available for pickup at the admin desk shortly after each splash.
Running order- Owners with multiple dogs will be spaced out.
- On Friday, we'll start run by dog names starting with A to Z.
- Saturday- run order will be M-Z then A-L
- Sunday will run reverse alphabetical Z-A
- Poop Pick up is a must and dogs must not use pool or agility areas to eliminate. Anything man-made may not be used for peeing (including the dock supports!)
- No Dog to Dog contact is permitted for safety reasons. Dogs must stay on leash except on the dock or enclosed agility area. Keep a 2 leash length distance between dogs (and people!) at all times.
- Please drive slowly while entering the property. Speed bumps exist!
- 10 acres surrounding the pool and camping areas are available for leash walking competing dogs. Please do not allow your dog to harrass (bark or lunge at) neighboring livestock.
- Please control barking between splashes.
- Special precautions may be in place to prevent the spread of COVID or any other contagious illness. You will be attending at your own risk and agree to abide by any site regulations set forth for sanitation at this event.
- All handlers AND helpers will be required to sign our waiver on checkin.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at key locations. Use it as directed. Feel free to bring your own for personal use.
- We reserve the right to provide additional rules and updates in order to comply with all government regulations and to keep our staff and competitors safe. Please understand the spirit of these rules is for YOUR benefit and are what allow us to host a trial in these trying times. We cannot have these events without full cooperation of all in attendance.
Directions - note that not all electronic maps have us mapped correctly- use these directions to confirm you are in the right place!
We are located at 4131 Schemenaur Road.
Coming from Quesnel BC, turn right onto Highway 26 (towards Barkerville). Proceed for 6 km and then turn left onto Schemenaur Road. We are 2 kms down on the left (immediately after the railway tracks- watch for signage).
Coming from the north/Prince George- Schemenaur Road is on the left approximately 2 km after you cross the Cottonwood River Bridge. Proceed for 7 km - we are on the right, immediately before the railway tracks (watch for signage)