- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/10/2022 at midnight (CDT).
- Price per splash for this event is $28.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 509-258-5408
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list and result in a no-show. If you are registering multiple dogs there will be a no-show for each dog. You are responsible for all pre-registered splashes.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
- AS TIME ALLOWS: Each competing dog will get one Try-it ticket per day that they are entered, to use for an extra practice round. The handler must request this ticket at check-in. Each dog will be given three minutes on the dock. If a Try-it or competing dog wishes to have more time, they may purchase additional tickets as timing allows.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - All Jumps must be completed by 4:00pm
09:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 4:00pm
09:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 4:00pm
05:30 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - Mandatory Handler's Meeting 15 minute prior to start
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 4:00pm
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 4:00pm
09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 4:00pm
05:30 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Mandatory Handler's Meeting 15 minute prior to start
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 4:00pm
09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 4:00pm
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 4:00pm
05:30 pm: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash) - Mandatory Handler's Meeting 15 minute prior to start
09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 4:00pm
09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 4:00pm
09:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 4:00pm
05:30 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - Mandatory Handler's Meeting 15 minute prior to start
09:00 am: Splash #303 (Hydro Dash) - Mandatory Handler's Meeting 15 minute prior to start
10:00 am: Splash #13 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 3:00pm
10:00 am: Splash #14 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 3:00pm
10:00 am: Splash #15 (Distance Jump) - All jumps must be completed by 3:00pm
Welcome back to the Olympic Kennel Club Show!
This event is a REGIONAL QUALIFIER EVENT
DOCK DIVING WITH NADD IS ALWAYS OPEN TO ALL BREEDS FROM THE TINIEST YORKIES TO ENORMOUS MASTIFFS!
This fills fast so be sure to register as soon as possible to save your space!
We are invited back again for another fun year of jumping at one of the largest cluster shows in the US, and the largest on the West Coast! This event is on a 2-year contract, so mark your calendars for the 2023 AKC Olympic Kennel Club Show, August 16-20, 2023!
The administration desk, board and dock will open one hour before the first competitive splash of the day.
Open dock participants will be limited to 2 jumps or 1 minute per dog, whichever happens first. We reserve the right to prioritize dry dogs or specialty disciplines if necessary to allow as many dogs as possible the opportunity to participate in open dock practice.
We will offer "day-of" onsite registration, as well as Try Its as time permits.
There will be 5 spaces per splash, in all three disciplines, held in reserve for this purpose. We will begin selling these spaces on a first come, first served basis when registration opens until there is no space available. We will continually assess our schedule and if we are able to open up more spaces throughout the day, it will be announced by the dock announcer and will be on a first come, first served basis as well, we will not have a waiting list.
PER NADD : ALL DOGS are limited to 12 overall Distance splashes at this event.
If you sign up for more than 12 distance splashes, we will remove the overage.
It is critical to the event running on time that you turn in your splash cards as early as possible each day.
All distance jumps need to be completed before 4pm each day except Sunday, which must be completed before 3pm to allow enough time for teardown. Cards must be submitted no later than 2pm on each day but Sunday which will be 1pm. It is the competitor’s responsibility to ensure they have their jumps completed by 4pm each day or 3pm on Sunday, in the case that a competitor is unable to complete their jumps on their scheduled day, refunds will not be given.
Distance competitors are required to check in with "the board" 3 dogs prior to their turn.
If your dog cannot calmly be behind the dock at that point, please send a representative to let "the Wrangler" know you are present and ready.
If you have a scheduling conflict with another AKC event and cannot make it for your scheduled time on the dock, please let us know ASAP.
This will allow us to stay on schedule. We can move you and open your slot for another competitor to fill. If you cannot make it back to the Dock arena, please send a representative to do this for you.
Hydro Dash and Air Retrieve competitors must be checked in 2 hours prior to the scheduled start of the splash and onsite 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the splash so they can attend the mandatory handler's meeting.
We will do our best to communicate any updates with our competitors throughout the competition in a timely manner, and we ask that you do the same for us and your fellow competitors
The dock diving community is made up of some of the most amazing people, so if you see a competitor who is in need of assistance, please offer to help them.
As with everything since 2020, nothing is certain, except that we all want to play with our dogs. So, we will be adhering to current local and national COVID requirements and restrictions.
Please print and sign the attached waivers and bring them with you to the event:
We will award flat ribbons for all dogs who enter and rosettes for titles earned.
EVENT STICKERS will be available for pre-order prior to the event, a limited stock will be available at the event. As always, orders from our online store can be delivered at the event. The deadline for pre orders for this event is Noon on August 11, 2022. Click here to visit the online store and submit your order today.
On-site RV accommodations go fast and are available through the Olympic Kennel Club.
Please read before signing up!
- Thank you for understanding our no off-leash policy. (Except when on the dock)
- Please pick up after your dogs. If you don’t follow this rule you will be asked to leave and NO refunds will be given.
- Please communicate all problems, all concerns, and issues you have with the staff, or any of the handlers and their dogs immediately as they occur, we want to address problems in real time to solve it during the event. There is no way to correct it after the event is over. So please!!! Do not hesitate to talk to us! We want you to have the best possible experience at our event.
- The most important rule! Please have fun with your dog!