- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/20/2022 at midnight (CDT).
- Price per splash for this event is $28.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
- AS TIME ALLOWS: Each competing dog will get one Try-it ticket per day that they are entered, to use for an extra practice round. The handler must request this ticket at check-in. Each dog will be given three minutes on the dock. If a Try-it or competing dog wishes to have more time, they may purchase additional tickets as timing allows.
10:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
***NEW LOCATION*** TBE Trailers is conveniently located in RICHFIELD right off Highway 41 and offers plenty of grassy areas to set up your canopies or you can crate out of your car, similar to the location in Watertown.
To get to TBE-Richfield, take Hwy 41 and exit Holy Hill Road heading West. It is the first building on the South side of Holy Hill road, across the street from Kwik Trip.
We look forward to seeing you all on the dock!
The Pier Pups Crew
- Registration will open at 9:00 AM on Saturday and 9:00 AM on Sunday.
- Pool will be open for practice at 9:00 AM on Saturday and at 9:00 AM on Sunday.
- Please arrive at the pool and check in at least 45 min before your first splash.
- Please print off, sign and bring along the NADD Covid Waiver, NADD Waiver and Pier Pups Waiver. We will need all three signed waivers before you will be issued a wristband and allowed on the dock. Any additional handlers/holders will also need to sign the waivers. You may also sign the waivers digitally by clicking HERE.
- We accept cash, checks, contactless PayPal payments and credit cards. Credit cards and PayPal payments will be charged an additional 3% service charge.
- Handlers meeting will be held approx. 15 min before the first splash of the day.
- There will be "Day-Of" registration spots for Distance and Air Retrieve. Try-Its will be allowed as space permits.
- There is plenty of space near the pool to set up a canopy, and you will be able to crate out of your vehicle with a short walk to the pool. Canopies may be left up overnight at your own risk.
- If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are sick or not feeling quite right, or have been exposed to someone who is sick or not feeling quite right, please DO NOT COME! If you are immune-compromised or are at a greater risk of complications from Covid-19, please consider not coming. If you are at all uncomfortable with people gathering, please consider not coming.
Parking and crating
We will be directing traffic to designated parking areas. You may set up a canopy on the grassy areas behind the building or crate out of your car.
When you arrive
Please plan on arriving at least 45 minutes before your first scheduled splash. After parking and setting up your crate/canopy, please make your way to the Admin tent to sign in. We will accept cash, check, credit card and contactless PayPal payments.
Please print off, sign and bring with you 1) The standard NADD waiver 2) the NADD Covid-19 Waiver and 3) the Pier Pups waiver or you may sign them digitally HERE. We will issue you a wristband that will allow you on the dock once we have received all three waivers. Also, any additional handlers must also complete these waivers and have a wristband to enter the dock area.
We will be running the event as a regular closed splash event with set splash times. There will be only 3 teams in the staging area at a time: the team on the dock, one on deck, and one in the hole. There will be tents set up for teams on deck and in the hole. We will also use the sound system and a white board to keep everyone up to date on the running order.
Ribbon labels will be placed on a table in the admin tent immediately following the splash.