- This is an Indoor Event
- Online registration begins on 09/24/2021 at 01:00 pm (CDT) and closes 10/08/2021 at midnight (CDT).
- An invite is required to attend this event. Registration instructions will be sent via email.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $115.00 (USD) per dog.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $0.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required to pre-register for this event online.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
- Dogs must have earned and accepted the invitation per NADD rules.
- Splashes include up to three minutes on the dock and will consist of two competition jumps with no optional practice jump.
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- Nationals jumps will use the CAPS System listed on the website. Also, the Plus-1 jumps will be in effect at Nationals. Plus-1 and Cap System
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
National Championship Event
- In order to attend this event, your dog will need to have earned an invitation at a qualifying event or by satisfying any other condition listed in the Championship Invite Criteria to earn a qualifying invite.
- The dog will need to have completed the required number of jumps (15 for Distance Jump or 5 for Air Retrieve) by the end of the season.
- The Division under which your dog will attend the championship is determined by NADD. Splashes will be assigned automatically based on the dog's assigned division.
- There will be additional awards for Veteran dogs at this event (8 years of age or older).
This event's schedule has not been completed yet.
NADD NATIONAL SHOWCASE
The purpose of the National Showcase is to create a premier dog event where we can highlight the best dogs in each division.
Where and When:
Ozark Empire Fairgrounds October 27-31, 2021
Invites to The Showcase will be made up of the following:
Needs to attend a Regional
- Top 25% over all by division* (Open, Lap & Veteran**)
- 2021 top 3 Regionals Placements per division
- 2020 top 3 Regionals Placements per division
* top 25% of each division is determined by a team's best regionals score averaged with their end of season average. (this puts a lot of weight on regionals effort)
**Veteran division invites is from distance only.
Does NOT have to attend Regionals (as these aren't determined until the end of the season)
- #1 in Breed
- Top 10 overall rankings in each division
- Top dog in each division at the last chance qualifiers held the two days before.
ALL invites must have a minimum of 15/5/5 splashes to accept their National Showcase invite.
There will be 2 splashes (2 jumps per splash) and a Finals. Each splash
is 3 mins. Combine the best of each splash with the end of season average to get an overall score.
FINALS - Top 5 -10 dogs depending on division size will be called back for a finals. Finals will be 1 jump (2 mins). Finals jump will be averaged and top 5 placements will be rewarded. Top ten placements will include the final jump in their average.
Each team comes up once for a standard HD splash. Top 5-10 (depending on division numbers) will come back for finals.
"Showcase rules" - Dogs can only start 1 foot below their season average. Top 5 each division will come back for finals. Standard tie-breakers are used.
$115 per discipline
10/27 & 28 - The Classic Last chance qualifier
AR and HD last chance on Wed only, 3 splashes each day
10/28 - The Showcase HydroDash and Air Retrieve
10/29 & 30 - The Showcase Distance
10/30 Banquet to follow finals on Saturday night
10/31 2022 Qualifier
Banquet and Awards
The banquet will be held onsite at the banquet hall after Finals on Saturday night. We will have a selection of meal options (with a vegan choice). More information and sign up will be available as we get closer.
Introducing a new OVERALL trophy. Awarded to the top dog in each division combining all 3 disciplines. Details announced by April.
Camping : There is a number of camping spots available at the event site. Information on camping registration will be available in May. Registration will open in August. Cost per site is approximately $35-55 depending on the site type and amenities.
KOA Springfield - https://koa.com/campgrounds/springfield-route-66/
Hotel recommendations: NADD has saved blocks of rooms are being held for competitors until September 30, 2021. Please call the hotels directly and ask for the NADD rate
NADD Host Hotel - Best Western Coach House (closest to the fairgrounds) 417-862-0701
- - $83+tax (pet fee waived)
The Greenstay on Chestnut 417-863-1440
- - Rate $83+tax (pet fee waived)
Best Western Railhaven 417-866-1963
- - Rate $85+tax (pet fee waived)
There are also a number of AirBnB and VRBO's available
Check back often as we will update this information as often as we can.