- This is an Indoor Event
- Online registration closes 10/06/2021 at midnight (CDT).
- An invite is required to attend this event. Registration instructions will be sent via email.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $115.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required to pre-register for this event online.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
NADD NATIONAL SHOWCASE
The purpose of the National Showcase is to create a premier dog event where we can highlight the best dogs in each division.
Where and When:
Ozark Empire Fairgrounds October 27-31, 2021
Invites to The Showcase will be made up of the following:
Needs to attend a Regional
- Top 25% over all by division* (Open, Lap & Veteran**)
- 2021 top 3 Regionals Placements per division
- 2020 top 3 Regionals Placements per division
* top 25% of each division is determined by a team's best regionals score averaged with their end of season average. (this puts a lot of weight on regionals effort)
**Veteran division invites is from distance only.
Does NOT have to attend Regionals (as these aren't determined until the end of the season)
- #1 in Breed
- Top 10 overall rankings in each division
- Top dog in each division at the last chance qualifiers held the two days before.
ALL invites must have a minimum of 15/5/5 splashes to accept their National Showcase invite.
There will be 2 splashes (2 jumps per splash) and a Finals. On your first splash only you will be given an optional practice as your first jump. (must tell the judge once you're on the dock)
Each splash is 3 mins. Combine the best of each splash with the end of season average to get an overall average score.
Division placement going into The Showcase will be determined by the dogs Regionals score.
FINALS - Top 5 -10 dogs depending on division size will be called back for a finals. Finals will be 1 jump (2 mins). Top 10 placements will be awarded Saturday night.
Each team comes up once for a standard HD splash. Top 5-10 (depending on division numbers) will come back for finals.
"Showcase rules" - Dogs can only start 1 foot below their season average. Standard tie-breakers are used.
Top 5-10 dogs (depending on division numbers) will come back for finals with its own set of rules.
$115 per discipline
10/27 & 28 - The Classic Last chance qualifier
AR and HD last chance on Wed only, 3 distance splashes each day
10/28 - The Showcase Air Retrieve
10/29 & 30 - The Showcase Distance & Hydro Dash
10/30 Banquet to follow finals on Saturday night
10/31 2022 The Classic Double Qualifier
Banquet and Awards
The banquet will be held onsite at the banquet hall after Finals on Saturday night. We will have a selection of meal options (with a vegan choice). More information and sign up will be available as we get closer.
Camping : There is a number of camping spots available at the event site. Registration will open September 15th. Cost per site is approximately $35-55 depending on the site type and amenities. Call 417 - 833 - 2660 to reserve. The fairgrounds handles these reservations independently of NADD. The only way to reserve is through them.
KOA Springfield - https://koa.com/campgrounds/springfield-route-66/
Hotel recommendations: NADD has saved blocks of rooms that are being held for competitors until September 30, 2021. Please call the hotels directly and ask for the NADD rate
NADD Host Hotel - Best Western Coach House (closest to the fairgrounds) 417-862-0701
- - $83+tax (pet fee waived)
The Greenstay on Chestnut 417-863-1440
- - Rate $83+tax (pet fee waived)
Best Western Railhaven 417-866-1963
- - Rate $85+tax (pet fee waived)
There are also a number of AirBnB and VRBO's available
Check back often as we will update this information as often as we can.
National Championship Event
- In order to attend this event, your dog will need to have earned an invitation at a qualifying event or by satisfying any other condition listed in the Championship Invite Criteria to earn a qualifying invite.
- The dog will need to have completed the required number of jumps (15 for Distance Jump or 5 for Air Retrieve) by the end of the season.
- The Division under which your dog will attend the championship is determined by NADD. Splashes will be assigned automatically based on the dog's assigned division.
- There will be additional awards for Veteran dogs at this event (8 years of age or older).
08:00 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)