- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/10/2021 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
- At least 3 jumps are required to participate in independent event finals.
08:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
Join us for the Best Fun and Bragging Rights of the Season:
the WESTERN CUP CHALLENGE!!
A fun filled weekend of camaraderie, competition and charity!
***There are distance finals at this event with prizes for top competitors. Plan to stay til the end on Sunday for your finals jumping opportunity and awards ceremony.
This event is held on private property - Gates open at 7:30 am and close at 10pm. Dry camping (no hookup) is available onsite for registered competitors for $10 per night for Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Email in advance to secure a camping spot - firstname.lastname@example.org . Help keep our neighbours happy by controlling barking during non-competing hours. There is plenty of space poolside for shade tents and crating. Competitors have free access to our competition sized agility ring for extra fun/training and warmup.
BBQ Lunch will NOT BE AVAILABLE as in past years unless Covid regulations permit.
Ribbons for each qualifying jump, top 3 placements per division for each splash, and Rosettes for each title earned. Special awards and trophies are provided for division winners in the indiviudual events based on overall scoring or finals as applicable, and the Western Cup Challenge trophy will go to the overall, cumulative score winner! (see below for details)
- for Distance & HD events- Alphabetical A-Z on Friday/Saturday (by dog name), Z-A on Sunday (note that handlers with multiple dogs will be allowed some separation for efficiency!)
- for Air Retrieve event- Starting order will be longest to shortest starting distance.
- Poop Pick up is a must and dogs must not use pool or agility areas to eliminate. Anything man-made may not be used for peeing (including the dock supports!)
- No Dog to Dog contact is permitted for safety reasons. Dogs must stay on leash except on the dock or designated off leash areas which are securely fenced.
- Please drive slowly while entering the property. Speed bumps exist!
- 10 acres surrounding the pool and camping areas are available for leash walking competing dogs. Please do not allow your dog to harrass (bark or lunge at) neighboring livestock.
Please control barking during non-competition hours.
Directions - note that not all electronic maps have us mapped correctly:
We are located at 4131 Schemenaur Road.
Coming from Quesnel BC, turn right onto Highway 26 (towards Barkerville). Proceed for 6 km and then turn left onto Schemenaur Road. We are 2 kms down on the left (immediately after the railway tracks- watch for signage).
Coming from the north/Prince George- Schemenaur Road is on the left approximately 2 km after you cross the Cottonwood River Bridge. Proceed for 7 km - we are on the right, immediately before the railway tracks.
** note that the start time of the first splash each day is SET- but the subsequent splashes may get moved up and times for splash are approximate. Plan to arrive well in advance of your scheduled start time to avoid disappointment).
*** Fundraiser for Smiling Blue Skies Canine Cancer Research Fund- at this event we typically have some sort of raffle table to support this important charity. Contact us if you’d like to donate something for the raffle or watch our facebook page in order to purchase tickets which often sell out in advance. Www.facebook.com/eromitk9
For this event, we use a points-based system to determine a champion from dogs who compete in ALL events!
For a complete listing of Western Cup Challenge details, including individual event demo videos and scoring, please visit our webpage HERE
The Western Cup Challenge is the MOST FUN you can have at a dock diving trial. Go for the glory in individual events, go big for the giant overall trophy, and have a great time with our amazing team of staff and competitors! All kinds of prizes and sponsor goodies will be on hand.
Eromit AIRcademy COVID-19 Risk Reduction Plan
• All Registrations for events, lessons and practice sessions must be done in advance via online sign up.
• All payments are to be done electronically in advance.
• Waivers submitted electronically prior to arrival
Instructions for waivers and entry fees sent by email in advance, if you don’t see the instructions by the closing date, reach out!
• Everyone in attendance will be accounted for with waiver on file.
Event Check-in & Ribbons
• Check-in electronically in advance.
• Ribbons will be labelled by an administrator or volunteer wearing gloves and can be picked up at the end of each day. Note that official scores will not be logged into the system until the end of each day to reduce administration activities on site.
• Shade tenting can be set up along the pool field fenceline. Tents may only be shared by members of the same household. Set up in designated areas that will be spaced at least 6 feet apart. Competitors may also choose to crate out of their vehicle and should be prepared to provide shade as parking is in full sun.
• Physical distancing of at least 6 feet between non-household members must be maintained at all times
• Teams waiting in line to jump will have space-measured, designated wait areas to ensure that distancing is met (shade tent or hula hoop placed to show specific waiting area).
• Competitors wishing to watch may bring their own lawn chairs and set up in the spectating gallery at least 6 feet apart. There will be no picnic area to prevent gathering.
• Sanitizing stations are set up at the entrance and exit to the dock, at the entrance and exit to the agility field
• Hand washing/sanitizing stations are located next to each porta potty
• Competitors/students are encouraged to bring their own sanitizer for extra use.
• Common touch points on the dock, gates, and portapotties will be sanitized after each splash/class.
• Spectators are not permitted. Only competing handlers and immediate family members may be on site during an event. Only registered handlers and immediate family members may attend classes and practices. Handlers are responsible for any family members in attendance.
• Must be pre-registered to confirm a camping spot. Camping is for dry, self contained units (no power or water hookups) so campers must be prepared to maintain their own sanitation. Full service camping including showers is available at the Ten Mile Lake campground, just 5 minute away for those that require more service. Reservations are recommended.
• No BBQ or lunch/drink sales will be provided on site. Competitors and clients should plan to bring their own lunch, drinking water and snacks.