- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 05/25/2021 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD/AKC Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
12:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes before start time.
01:30 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - Please check in 30 minutes ahead of SPLASH start time.
08:00 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Please check in 30 minutes before start time.
10:30 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - Start time for the SPLASH will be adjusted according to the ending time of Air Retrieve. Please check in 30 minutes before start time.
01:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - Please check in 30 minutes before start time.
10:30 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump) - Start time for the SPLASH will be adjusted according to the ending time of Air Retrieve. Please check in 30 minutes before start time.
01:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash) - Please check in 30 minutes ahead of SPLASH start time.
11:00 am: Splash #13 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes ahead of SPLASH start time; this distance SPLASH will start shortly after HydroDash ends.
Brian and I are extremely excited to invite you and join us in our May 2021 QUALIFIER!!!!
If Air Retrieve or HydroDash is full, and you want a spot - please email us (K9CoastalSports@yahoo.com) or call/text us at (361) 332-2017 - we can add you, there will be plenty of time for more dogs. We will need your dog's name, NADD# and SPLASH# you would like to be added to.
We will have a HydroDash on Friday afternoon after the 4 distance splashes, and one first thing Monday morning 9 a.m., followed by 1 distance splash. At this event we will have 13 Distance jumps, please understand you are only allowed to register and jump your dog for a total of 12 Distance jumps for the event.
The judges for this event will be Brian Whitton, Bryan Burns and Elsa V. Moncivais-Whitton.
K9 Coastal Sports is also an AKC Fit Dog Club, we will have an obstacle course of sorts for a Fit Dog walk. We will also have log sheets available for you to use to start tracking your and your pup's walking time.
If you are looking for a pet friendly AirBnB, check out My Gulf Coast Getaway Texas - mention you are coming to our event here at K9 Coastal Sports for a discount. Other nearby hotels that accept pets:
LaQuinta - 201 Buddy Ganem Dr in Portland (361)777-2777; approximately 15-20 minutes away, not bad on traffic.
BEST WESTERN - 2025 State Hwy 361 in Ingleside (361)776-2767; approximately 10-15 minutes away, not much traffic.
COVID-19 PLAN: We will run the event as normal as possible, with the following adjustments:
-COVID-19 and NADD waivers will be sent out via email to all preregistered competitors via the NADD portal;
-We request that each competitor that will be on our dock to please complete, sign, and return electronically the waivers to our facility email - K9COASTALSPORTS@YAHOO.COM or bring the forms with you to be turned in upon check in;
-In the event you do not have access to a printer, we will have copies of the waivers on hand to be completed and signed;
-We ask that competitors arrive 30 minutes prior to SPLASH start time to check in and warm up - wet their dogs;
-Payment will be accepted at the time of check in, by someone wearing gloves and/or using hand sanitizer before and after each transaction.
NADD EVENT WAIVERS:
-There will only be one dog with it’s handler(s) on the dock at a time;
-We (Brian, Elsa, judges, volunteers) will ensure that the next dog and hander do not enter the competition dock until the previous dog and handler have exited the dock;
-At our facility, we are set up with an area for the next dog and handler to wait at a safe distance;
-We will be utilizing our PA system, to ensure competitors are aware of who is on the dock, who is up next, to include the next three dogs;
-We will list the order of each SPLASH on a white board that can be seen from a distance.
-There is plenty of space at our facility to have easy ups set up at a safe distance, to include in-car crating.
-There will be hand sanitizer and gloves available for all volunteers;
-We will have hand sanitizer available throughout the premises, but is recommended competitiors bring their own;
-Our bathroom facility is equipped with soap, hand sanitizer, paper towels, and trash cans for use;
-We will place a trash can outside the bathroom to dispose of the paper towel you may have used to open and close the door;
-There will be a wash station set up outdoors as well;
-The perimeter gates will be left open, to eliminate hands on by all entering or leaving the facility;
-We ask that all competitors pick up after their dogs, we will have poop bags located throughout the grounds;
-We do have trash cans set up throughout the facility.
-We will have regular - set SPLASH start times, see above. The running order for this event will be A to Z.
Cash and checks are accepted for payment; there will be a $35 return check fee for any returned checks.
*Depending on exhibitor interest, Saturday after the SPLASHes, Elsa will be conducting evaluations for AKC CGC, CGCA and Trick Titles. If interested, please email Elsa at K9CoastalSports@yahoo.com with your name, dog's(s') names and the type of evaluation you are interested in. The fee is $20 per dog, per evaluation; evaluations will be conducted outside.
Please do not hesitate to call/text if you have any questions (361) 332-2017.