This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/14/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 60 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 25 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
04:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
- our first ever mini event to "beat the heat"!
- THERE ARE NO 'DAY OF' ENTRIES!
- please read ALL INFORMATION below
- please open and close the gate behind you at all times
- any training device or collar must be removed as you enter the dock itself
- dogs must be on leash at all times except when on the dock
- no retractable leashes permitted on the property
- no "try-its" available, but the pool is available for rental during most weekday and weekends
- no dogs allowed on the agility field
- this event will be run in BLOCKS! (see link)
- AR will run 'as normal' on Friday PM
BLOCK 1: 330pm-530pm (last name A-K)
BLOCK 2: 545pm-745pm (last name L-Z)
*The above link has the current blocks and waiver info
****THERE ARE NO DAY OF ENTRIES FOR THIS EVENT****
As of 6/29/20, Gov. Kemp has extended the current order which limits 'large gatherings' to 50 or less. Due to this we will be running this event in TWO time blocks each day (4pm and 6pm) to limit the # of bodies on the property during each block. To make things easier on all parties, the time blocks will be divided using your LAST NAME of the alphabet.
CHECK IN for BLOCK 1 SATURDAY/SUNDAY: 330pm, splashes to start as soon as all parties have checked-in
CHECK IN for BLOCK 2 SATURDAY/SUNDAY: 545pm, splashes to start as soon as all parties have checked-in
AR will run "as is" for Friday PM
These blocks will be a bit different this time since this is a 'smaller' event --
- BLOCK 1 for Saturday & Sunday will be done via LAST NAMES A-K
- BLOCK 2 for Saturday & Sunday will be done via LAST NAMES L-Z
If you have a holder with a last name who is not in your time block, I would highly recommend seeking out individuals who are in your time block first who can hold for your dog. We will do our absolute best to accommodate those that need a specific person to hold their dog (please e-mail ahead of time!!!!), but we cannot make promises as we have other group classes and private lessons being held in the evenings that we have to account for.
There will be NO "day of entries" but if you were looking to add additional splashes please e-mail me to request those if we get competitors who pull from this event (firstname.lastname@example.org). I will get the blocks out listing competitors via last name for you all to see by July 10th if not sooner with the final draft posted after the event closes. Please bring a copy of your NADD/COVID & Brightside Waiver, payment will be Venmo or Check only (please refrain from paying until you check in).
As always we appreciate you for choosing The Brightside, we are looking forward to another chance to jump our dogs!!
Katy & Dean
Here is our approved COVID-19 event plan that we have in place in order to run our upcoming NADD event as efficiently and safely as we can per NADD and CDC recommended guidelines. Please be sure to read all the information below. At the end of this there are THREE links to follow with waivers you should be signing and bringing with you. There will be another e-mail on June 4th with your jump block times. If you do not receive the block time and you pre-registered for this event, please e-mail email@example.com. The jump block times will also be found on the website address below.
NADD COVID-19 PLAN for SUMMER SHOWDOWN @ THE BRIGHTSIDE
- Admin table will have a well marked line/cone with a 6’ minimum distance from the table to the line/cone to prevent direct contact to the admin workers. Admin workers will be required to use hand sanitizer (provided) anytime they exit and enter the admin area. Only max of 2 admin at a time.
- Waivers: available on The Brightside website so competitors can print, sign , and bring with to the event with their payment (no e-mailed copies please)
- should a competitor forget to bring a waiver, we will have some on site for them to sign (wipes will be provided to disinfect pens and signing table (separate table from admin)
- Payment: checks dropped into a payment box or Venmo/Paypal (no cash or cards will be handled) as a competitor checks in
- there will be NO on site registrations (i.e. no additional splashes available for purchase)
- Ribbons: one person from admin will be in charge of writing ribbons. Ribbons will be available in marked bags at the end of the jump block time for pickup at a marked table. Admin workers will be required to use hand sanitizer (provided) anytime they exit and enter the admin/ribbon area.
- masks will be encouraged but not required
Competition & Crating Area
- Minimum of 15’ apart for dogs waiting in line
- we will have spray painted X’s on the ground for a max of 3 competitors at a time to be ready for their turn
- A running order will be posted in two separate places
- Block times will be e-mailed ahead of time so competitors know when they will be jumping, it will run via last names!
- Crating is allowed in/outside of the car ONLY, no setting up of crates or tents in another location. Cars will be parked 15-20’ apart
- We will be running the event with scheduled time blocks that will be e-mailed out before the event starts
- All AR will be run Fri PM as normal
- Competitors are NOT to show up until ~20-30 minutes before their scheduled block time to check in and warm up their dogs. Should someone show up early, the gate will be closed and the competitor will have to wait in their car until their scheduled block time.
- When competitors check in, no more than 2 people in line and there will be X’s or cones marked 10’ apart for them to stand on while waiting
- During check in there will be a place to drop off their payment and waivers
- In between each block time the entire dock and the surrounding area (including Porta Potty, admin, and front gate) will be cleaned with disinfectant (Wysi Wash, Odoban, and Bleach) in addition to the latches, handles, and railings wiped with Clorox Wipes/Lysol.
- There will be no additional splashes or day of entries available for purchase
- The dock will be sprayed with a disinfectant (Wysi Wash, Bleach, Odoban) in between each jump block and all latches and handles wiped with Clorax wipes (provided) and/or Lysol.
- Competitors will use hand sanitizer (provided) as they enter and exit the dock area each time
- the gates to the dock area will remain open at all times, but the doors on the dock itself must remained closed to ensure the dog does not leave the competition area during it’s turn
- Porta Potty will be available and also be sprayed down in between each block time.
- There will be hand sanitizer, TP, and Lysol available inside the unit. The building will be locked and off limits.
- Admin team will be limited to 2 (one to work data entry/check in and one to work ribbons, many times will just be one admin member) and they will have access to hand sanitizer and wipes at all times. Computer will be wiped between any uses.
- There will be no vendors (besides Connie Fore for Photography who will stay at end of dock)
- Competitors will be responsible for their own dog potty bags for cleanup. Trash cans with no lids will be provided.
- The front gate will be open at the beginning of each jump block and opened at the end. Competitors will be encouraged to bring gloves or use a potty bag to open/close gate if they must leave before a block time has ended. There will be hand sanitizer at the gate as well.
- Competitors are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer, wipes, etc but there will be plenty provided in multiple locations
THERE ARE NO DAY OF ENTRIES FOR THIS EVENT!!!
CLICK HERE to view and download the NADD event waiver.
CLICK HERE to view and download the NADD COVID-19 waiver.
CLICK HERE to view and download The Brightside waiver.
^each competitor is requested to print, fill out, and bring each form with them to the event. Please DO NOT e-mail!