- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/26/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
- At least 3 jumps are required to participate in independent event finals.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
08:00 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Check in 30 minutes prior.
09:30 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - Check in 30 minutes prior.
09:30 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
SUNDAY FINALS for each division directly following splashes. Stick around for some ribbons
*Checks/cash accepted for registration fees. Please note there is a $35 return check fee. We are able to accept credit cards, however, there will be a convenience charge of 3%.
*If splashes fill, waitlist recipients can email Jenisa at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 956-383-K9TC (5982)
Parking: We have tons of open space for pop up tents and vehicles behind the pool. You can leave your set up throughout the weekend as it is fenced. (The winds can get pretty high so bring weights for your tent.)
Address: The RGV K9 Training Centre. 4501 Rio Grande Care Road, Edinburg, TX, 78541 (GPS should bring you right to us!)
Judges: Marty Vielma, Brittany Vielma, Jenisa Myers
*La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham is dog friendly and easy to get to.
We are SUPER excited to have you! Please do not hesitate to call or text if you have ANY questions!