This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/15/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 60 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 25 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
08:30 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
09:30 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
11:30 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
08:30 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
09:30 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
11:30 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
Dog Gone Diving Dogs COVID-19 GUIDELINES & PRECAUTIONS
Let me start by saying we are doing our best to keep everyone safe and enjoying the wonderful sport of Dock Diving with NADD. At this time we are not able to welcome you to our facility with our usual open arms, open door, come let the pups play and run attitude. We must consider your safety and ours in order to allow this event to take place. Hopefully in the near future we will be able to enjoy each other’s company and camaraderie. Know we are glad to see you and in normal circumstances would be offering you a hug and a chair to hang out with us. We miss you guys! A least the dogs and handlers can have some fun in the pool! Help us keep the ability to host our other year events by following the guidelines listed. We are here to help, stay safe, stay distant, stay positive, and be kind! Everyone is having to make changes and sacrifices to keep things moving forward.
- ☐Crating will be out of owners vehicles. Owners may setup a personal tent and X-pen beside their car.
- ☐All parking will be marked and ample space will be provided to keep distance.
- ☐The parking area is not a hangout location. Competitors not keeping distance will be asked to leave.
- ☐No RV space will be provided.
☐ NO EXCEPTIONS !
☐ Sign ALL waivers (NADD competitor, NADD Covid-19, Dog Gone Diving Dogs release and Covid-19) distributed in email.
☐ EVERY COMPETITOR/HANDLER/HOLDER MUST TURN IN WAIVERS OR WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE!
☐ Pre-torn & self-applied wristbands will be provided.
- ☐Registration tent will be outside.
- ☐Check in will be one person at a time. Each person will be required to stand behind the barrier. Please have your items and things ready.
☐ NO ON-SITE REGISTRATIONS!
☐ If you are not pre-registered, WE WILL BE HAVING A WAITLIST! Please contact us ASAP if interested, spots will be first come first serve.
☐ All pre-registration splashes will be finalized prior to the start of the event.
- ☐NO EDITING REGISTRATION AT EVENT UNLESS IT IS DUE TO AN INJURY. VET REPORT IS REQUIRED.
- ☐NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED!
- ☐INVOICES MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO CHECK-IN
☐ If this does not work, you must contact us to make other arrangements.
Handler’s Meeting/Jump Order
☐ Handler’s meeting will be in-person.
☐ Jump order will be pre-established according scheduling Jump Groups.
☐ Jump order will be announced throughout the day, like always.
- ☐YOU MUST BE CHECKED IN PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR JUMP GROUP!
- ☐ONE PERSON ON THE DOCK AT A TIME. IF YOUR DOG REQUIRES A HOLDER YOU MUST GET PRE APPROVAL FROM FACILITY.
- ☐NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED AT THIS EVENT.
- ☐THE DOG AND THE HANDLER ARE WELCOME NOT THE ENTIRE HOUSEHOLD!
- ☐ NO CHILDREN UNLESS THEY ARE JUNIOR HANDLERS AND MUST HAVE A JUNIOR NUMBER !
- ☐NO “TRY ITS” WILL BE OFFERED.
Scheduling Time Slots
☐ An email will be sent to all pre-reg competitors prior to the event.
☐ Time slots will be 2 hours apart depending on the amount of preregistration entries.
☐ YOU MUST ARRIVE AN 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED TIME! This is a NADD Rule. No refund issued for not being checked in prior to event start time. If your late you will miss the splash you were not checked in for.
☐ Dogs must jump Saturday on Saturday, and Sunday on Sunday.
☐ Each Group will jump all registered splashes within that Group’s assigned time.
☐ All time slots will be verified by Dog Gone Diving Dogs PRIOR to the start of the event.
- ☐Jump Groups will have a maximum of dogs determined after pre-registration closes.
- ☐ABSOLUTELY NO SUBSTITUTIONS ON JUMP GROUPS....DON’T ASK THE ANSWER WILL BE NO!
☐ ALL high touch surfaces WILL be sanitized between groups!
☐ An abundance of sanitizer will be available EVERYWHERE!
- ☐High touch surfaces WILL BE LIMITED to only those that can’t be eliminated.
- ☐The facility will not allow anyone to enter the kennel/ building training areas for any reason.
- ☐A PORTA POTTY WILL BE PROVIDED.
☐ 6 feet distance between all people.
☐ Mask are strongly encouraged (You must supply your own.)
☐ Competitors will be asked to leave if they are not practicing social distancing procedures WITHOUT A REFUND!
☐ Only one person at registration at a time.
☐ All judges will have their own clipboard.
- ☐Staff will sanitize the dock and gates between each Jump Group.
☐ No food will be provided for breakfast or lunch.
☐ Competitors need to bring their own drinks and food.
☐ You MUST REQUEST your ribbons.
☐ We will NOT be filling out ribbons for every dog, unless requested!
☐ Ribbons will be in a single marked envelope and available for pickup at the end of each Jump Group.
The Jump Groups is to get people in and out quickly and by the safest means possible. Our facility requires that everyone will maintain social distancing. If you have any questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.