- This is an Indoor Event
- Online registration closes 03/17/2020 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 403.348.6564
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
02:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - Must check in 30 minutes prior
04:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - Must check in 30 minutes prior
06:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - Must check in 30 minutes prior. HD will begin immediately after the conclusion of the previous splash.
10:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - Must check in 30 minutes prior
12:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - Must check in 30 minutes prior
02:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - Must check in 30 minutes prior
04:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Must check in 30 minutes prior. AR will begin immediately after the conclusion of the previous splash.
10:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - Must check in 30 minutes prior
12:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - Must check in 30 minutes prior. Distance splashes will begin immediately after the conclusion of the previous splash.
02:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump) - Must check in 30 minutes prior. Distance splashes will begin immediately after the conclusion of the previous splash.
04:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - Must check in 30 minutes prior. AR will begin immediately after the conclusion of the previous splash.
HAPPIER TOGETHER - March 20 is the International Day of Happiness and this year's theme is Happier Together, focusing on what we have in common, rather than what divides us.
Friday, March 20, 2020
12 pm - Building opens for crate set-up
12:30 pm - Registration and check-in opens
12:45-1:40 pm - Pool/Dock opens for practice to registered participants and try-it's
1:45 pm - Judge's Meeting
2 pm - Event begins
Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22, 2020
8 am - Building opens for crate set-up
8:30 am - Registration and check-in opens
8:45-9:40 am - Pool/Dock opens for practice to registered participants and try-it's
9:45 am - Judge's Meeting
10 am - Event begins
Onsite registration slots for try-it's, distance, hydro dash, and air retrieve will be on a first come first serve basis each day until splashes are full.
Distance and Hydro Dash will be alphabetical by dog's name A-Z on Friday, Z-A on Saturday and A-Z on Sunday
Air Retrieve will be longest to shortest starting distance on Saturday and shortest to longest on Sunday.
Judges: Crystal Chaput, Michelle Eadie, Stacy Gheseger, Gulnaz Zagidullina
Prairie Dog Sports Inc. reserves the right to refuse any entry.
Facility liability waiver and NADD waiver must be signed at registration before entering the pool/dock area.
No nose to nose contact with other dogs. You are here to work and engage with your dog(s).
If a dog is handled in an aggressive or inappropriate manner a warning may be issued or the team may be asked to leave without refund(s).
All dogs must be crated safely and securely when not working.
Please bring a crate for your dog(s), if you do not have one you may rent one for a $10 fee, on a first come first serve basis.
Acceptable crates include those that have a solid frame on all sides once together to keep the dog stationary and contained, i.e. soft crate, wire crate.
Not acceptable crates include those that do not have a solid frame on all sides once together to keep the dog stationary and contained, i.e. x-pens, pop-ups.
You may crate your dog from your vehicle, weather permitting.
Please show courtesy to all participants. Manage loud or disruptive dogs. Treat every dog as if they were reactive or spatially challenged. Remain aware of what your dog is doing at all times. Every dog and participant deserve to have a pleasant experience.
Dogs must be on a 6' or shorter leash at all times, Flexi leashed and long lines are not allowed onsite.
Approved collars include flat snap or buckle collars of solid construction and leather or nylon leads. Limited slip martingale collars are allowed. Single piece slip collars/leads are allowed. Harnesses are allowed.
Electronic collars/devices are NOT allowed anywhere onsite - this includes electronic bark collars. Prong or pinch collars may be used onsite while walking dog, but the collar must be removed before the dog/handler enters pool/dock area.
Potty your dog at least 40' away from any entrance/exit. Do not potty your dog on the building, vehicles, garbage cans, pylons or anything not natural.
You are responsible for picking up after your dog(s). Failure to comply will result in dismissal and/or a one-year ban from the facility and no refund(s) will be issued.
Females in season will not be permitted in the pool/dock area.
Please bring your own water, water dish and poop bags for your dog(s).
Please notify staff if your dog eliminates in the pool/dock area for appropriate cleaning and sanitizing.
Please communicate all problems, concerns and issues you have with the staff, the facility or any of the handlers and their dog(s) immediately as they occur, we want to address situations as they arise to reach a consensus during the event.
Most importantly be happy and have fun with your dog!
Coffee is on each morning, tea and hot water available onsite. Bottled water is available for purchase onsite.
Blackfalds has A&W, After the Grind, Boston Pizza, McDonald's, Okinawa Sushi, Piccolos Pizza & Pasta, Pizza Hut, Subway, Tim Horton's and several more options.
Where to Stay:
Our partner hotel is Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Blackfalds $99.99+taxes/night, pet fee included ($89.99 room and $10 pet fee), just mention Prairie Dog Sports. Hotel Direct 403.885.9797
27123 Hwy 597 Burbank Industrial Park, #43 Bays 1-3 Millenium Centre, Blackfalds, Alberta, Canada.
We are located just South of Blackfalds, AB on Hwy 597 in the Burbank Industrial Park
From the traffic circle at Hwy 2A and Hwy 597 go East on Hwy 597 towards Joffre
Take your fist right into Burbank Industrial Park (Quinn Contracting and Esso Cardlock on the corner), at the yield sign turn right and take the second drive on the right into our back parking lot.