This event is now completed.
- This is an Indoor Event
- Online registration closes 09/15/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
10:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
Paws Aquatics Water Sports and Rehab NADD Event COVID19 Protocols
- Everyone must pre-register for this event. No on-site registration or adding splashes at the event. Registration closes 9/15.
- Each competitor will be required to sign a NADD Covid Waiver along with the normal NADD waiver, and our facility waiver if we don’t already have one on file for you. The waivers will be emailed to you, or they are on the NADD website. There will be a box at the registration desk to drop them in. If paying by check, paper clip the check to your papers.
- We will be accepting credit card payments at check in. If not paying by credit card or check, please prepay with PayPal no later than 9/15. The PayPal email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the friends and family option.You will need to add up the total splashes for all dogs that you are checking in.
- The floor at the admin area will be marked to ensure proper distancing. Please keep 6’ between you and the next person in line.
- We will be running the event with scheduled time blocks that will be emailed out before the event. Please be patient. There is a ton of preplanning that will need to go into all of this on our end and we can’t start working on all of that until registration closes.
- The order will also be posted on the white board near the dock. We will not be able to make changes to the order once they are posted.
- During your assigned time block, you will be able to complete a maximum of 4 splashes and 1 AR or HD, depending on what you signed up for. We will make every effort we can to space out people who have multiple dogs so that you have enough time to switch them out.
- PLEASE do NOT arrive more than 30 minutes before your scheduled jump block as we need to keep the number of people at the facility at the same time to 25 or less. If you show up early, we may have to ask you to wait in your car until your assigned time.
- Once you have completed your jumps for the day, please pack up you belongings and head out so we can keep the number of people at the facility to a minimum.
- Crating will be outside, or out of your car. There will be some room for crating inside, especially if it is too hot outside.
- Social distancing still applies outdoors. Maintain a minimum of 6’.
- Masks will be required in the building and outside if within 6’ of others. You may remove them while on the dock jumping your dog.
- Parking will be every other space.
- We ask that all competitors not on the dock or on deck wait outside the building. If you want to watch a friend run, you can come in to watch, but leave after their jump.
- No outside spectators will be permitted for this event. There should be a maximum of 2 handlers per dog.
- Handler meetings will not be done in person for this event. Instead, we will email you any additional handler meeting notes with the jump order.
- Be sure to let the judge know before your 1st jump if you will be doing a practice jump.
- We will be communicating any changes in the schedule, delays of start times, etc. via The Remind App. We will send the email link for the app closer to the event date.
- Ribbons will be available AT THE END OF YOUR ASSIGNED TIME BLOCK. Please do not try to collect them before the block has ended. Our volunteer filling out the ribbons will place them on the ribbon table for pickup.
- All “high touch” surfaces will be sprayed with disinfectant regularly throughout the day and in between each group
- Competitors are encouraged to bring gloves, wipes, hand sanitizer, etc, but we will have them throughout the facility and outside.
- There will be no onsite food available at this event, please plan accordingly.
Because of these challenging times, we realize this event is not the norm. We can still make it fun and safe for everyone. If anyone has any questions or concerns not addressed above please reach out to us at email@example.com. If you have concerns during the event, please come talk to a staff member.