- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 05/26/2020 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
- At least 3 jumps are required to participate in independent event finals.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
10:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:30 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
Let the good times roll with this Mardi Gras themed event! Dressing to the occasion is highly recommended, but not required.
Competitors must be on-site AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to scheduled splash. Please be aware of the NADD pre-entry and no show rules. You must remove yourself at least 7 days prior to the event, if not you will receive a NO SHOW for the event. The only accepted excuses are a vet note for the entered dog or a vet not for an entered dog in season; either are required by the end of the event. If you are a no show on the first day of the event that you pre-entered, you will become a day of event entry for any other days of the event.
You must pay for ALL pre-entered splashes upon check-in. We accept cash, checks, and cards.
You, and co-handlers where applicable, must check in and sign a waiver before entering the dock. Everyone must have a wristband to enter the dock.
It is your responsibility to pick up after your dog(s) and to have them under control at all times. No flexi-leads or long lines are allowed. Please respect the 8 foot leash rule. Assistive collars and harnesses must be removed upon entering the dock; only flat buckle or martingale collars are allowed for jumping (can jump without a collar), as well as canine swimsuits and/or canine lifejackets.
Bring your EZ-up, shade tent, chairs, and whatever you need to make yourself at home; plan to enjoy yourself!
Try-its are available, time depending.