- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/21/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
National Championship Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top dog in each division will receive an automatic invite to the National Championships.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
01:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
06:30 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Friday AR will run from lowest starting distance to highest starting distance. There is the potential that this splash may conclude under the lights if we run out of daylight.
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - Saturday AR will run from highest starting distance to lowest starting distance.
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve) - Sunday AR will run from lowest starting distance to highest starting distance.
July 2020 Covid-19 Plan
The trial will be split into two separate groups. The groups will complete all of their splashes for the day within their assigned group time.
Groups will be as follows-
Friday: 12:00-3:30pm and 4:00pm to finish
Saturday/Sunday: 9:00am-12:30pm and 1:00pm to finish
Anyone entered in AR will be placed in to the second jump group. We will not complete any AR jumps in the first jump group of the day.
Groups will be assigned Monday July 20 (after the deadline to pull dogs from the competition). Handlers will assigned to a group that corresponds to at least one splash they are registered for.
Requests will be allowed for placement into a group with another handler. So if you have another handler that typically holds your dog, or that you travel with we will do our best to place you in the same group.
Requests must be made by Sunday July 19 in order to have any impact on which group you are placed in. Requests MUST be made by emailing email@example.com
We will not be taking requests for specific times.
No on site registration will be allowed with out prior authorization by staff. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org about potential on site registration if pre-registration has closed.
A wait list will be started to fill the spots that are normally filled via on site registration. The spots will be filled from the waitlist in a first come first serve manner. Waitlist dogs will be informed by Monday July 20 as to their status. In order to be added to the waitlist please email email@example.com with your name, your dog's name, NADD # and which splashes you would like to be added to.
No outside spectators will be allowed on the property at this trial.
Social distancing guidelines should be followed in the parking area as well as competition area. Other competitors and staff personal space must be respected at all times. Please do not crowd other competitors at any time, especially not around their own vehicle or tent. Anyone crowding or harassing other competitors will be asked to leave with no refund.
There will be hand sanitizer available at both the up and down ramps on the dock.
HDD staff will come to your vehicle to complete check in.
Anyone on the property must complete the following two waivers:
These can be printed and brought to the trial or filled out at check in.
The admin/judging tent will be off limits to competitors.
Ribbons will be available to be picked up at a table adjacent to the admin tent.
There will be no seating available for competitors.
Competitors may come poolside (except for the judging lane) to take pictures or videos and to watch or cheer on other dogs. Please do no congregate poolside to socialize. Social distancing!
There will be no lunch, ice cream or drinks available at this trial.