This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/11/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD/AKC Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
10:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:30 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
05:30 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
CAROLINA TRAINING CENTER WILL BE RUNNING THIS EVENT UNDER OUR COVID -19 PLAN THAT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY NADD. NO SPECTATORS, NO FAMILY MEMBERS, AND NO CHILDREN WILL BE ALLOWED, ONLY HANDLERS AND HOLDERS FOR THE DOGS SHOULD ATTEND. EVERYONE SHOULD WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES, EXCEPT WHEN ON THE DOCK WITH THEIR DOG. SOCIAL DISTANCING IS EXPECTED BY EVERYONE IN ATTENDANCE.
WE WILL CREATE GROUPS of less than 25 people to abide by our state restrictions on groups of people meeting together. YOU WILL BE ASSIGNED A GROUP TO BE IN EACH DAY YOU ARE REGISTERED. DUE TO OUR LARGE NUMBER OF ENTRIES IT WILL BE NECESSARY TO HAVE 4 GROUPS EACH DAY.
YOUR GROUP INFORMATION WILL INCLUDE A TIME TO ARRIVE SO YOU MAY PARK IN ONE OF OUR PARKING SPACES THAT ARE STAKED OFF TO PERMIT SOCIAL DISTANCING. PLEASE DO NOT PUT UP TENTS AS YOU WILL BE JUMPING FOR THE DAY AND LEAVING WHEN FINISHED.
YOU WILL CHECK IN FOR THE ENTIRE EVENT ON YOUR FIRST DAY TO ELIMINATE CONTACT MULTIPLE TIMES.
WE WILL HAVE LARGE X’s SPRAYED WITH PAINT ON THE GROUND TO SEPARATE PEOPLE AT CHECK IN.
THERE WILL BE 4 HANDWASHING STATIONS SET UP FOR YOUR USE.
PORT-A-POTTIES WILL BE AVAILABLE AND WILL BE SANITIZED multiple times each day.
THE DOCK WILL BE SANITIZED BETWEEN EACH GROUP.
PAYMENT MUST BE by CASH or CHECK only. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY CARDS.
PLACE YOUR EXACT AMOUNT OF CASH IN AN ENVELOPE WITH YOUR NAME, DOG’s NAME AND AMOUNT ON THE OUTSIDE.
We will not make change for anyone.
PLEASE DO THE SAME IF YOU ARE WRITING A CHECK. MAKE THE CHECK OUT TO CTCDDP.
NO FOOD OR DRINK WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE EVENT. PLEASE BRING WATER FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG. SNACKS FOR YOURSELF WHILE YOU ARE HERE.
YOUR RIBBONS WILL BE SEPARATED BY DOG BY ADMIN FOR EACH GROUP. PLEASE WAIT YO PICK THEM UP RIGHT BEFORE YOU LEAVE.
WE WILL BE SENDING AN EMAIL AS SOON AS THE EVENT CLOSES. IF YOU WANT A SPECIFIC TIME GROUP. THERE WILL BE EARLY MORNING, MID MORNING, EARLY AFTERNOON, AND LATER AFTERNOON. PLEASE SPECIFY YOUR FIRST CHOICE. WE WILL TRY OUR BEST TO PLACE YOU THERE, HOWEVER DUE TO THE NUMBER OF DOGS, IT MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENTRY. WE WILL SEE YOU SOON,
Carolina Training Center
Judges for all Splashes and AR will be Chet or Bev Roberts.
Dogs must be kept on a short leash at all times. No long lines or flexi leads are allowed. Please give other dogs plenty of room as you walk your dog or come to the dock. It is your responsibility to keep your dog under control at all times.