This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 09/01/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
National Championship Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top dog in each division will receive an automatic invite to the National Championships.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
08:30 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
02:30 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
08:30 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
02:30 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
08:30 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
02:30 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
08:30 am: Splash #13 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #14 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #104 (Air Retrieve)
02:30 pm: Splash #15 (Distance Jump)
!!!!CHANGES TO PARKING!!!!! and SET UP AT 24K PLEASE READ!
Welcome to 24k Diving Dogs!!!!
Check in will begin at 6:45 am
Running Order Board will open at 7:00 am
First Dog on the dock at 8:00 am
This event will be ran as a "CLUSTER" which means check in at the white admin trailer, receive ALL your jump cards for the event, turn your jump cards in to the person running the board when you are ready to have your dogs added to the list. Please be kind, patient, and observe social distancing. All Dogs Must be on the board by 3:00 pm.
On Friday Hydro Dash will start at 4:30pm
We will stop jumping each day at noon to prepare for Air Retrieve on Sat, Sun, Mon. Once Air Retrieve is completed we will resume splashes.
Hydro-Dash running order on Friday with be A-Z.
Air Retrieve running order Saturday A – Z, Sunday Z – A, Monday A- Z.
Parking Changes: ALL parking will be in the large field (near the old tobacco barn) immediately passed our property entrance. There will be designated handicapped parking near the gate that you walk through to enter the property. Signs will be posted as where to enter the parking area.
There will be designated areas for EZ-UPS and CRATING. No tents allowed in the parking area. IF you want to work out of your car you may, however, you will need to check on the board periodically to keep track of the running order. We will have 10' x 10' areas marked off with flags throughout the property and they will have an orange x in the middle. These areas will be spaced apart to help with social distancing.
Due to the size of this event and it is a qualifier we will have an assigned timer at the dock. You will be expected to adhere to the NADD time limit rules for Hydro-Dash, Air Retrieve and Distance. If you are unsure of these time limits please refer to the 2020 NADD Rulebook.
Rankin Tacos will be onsite for this event with their food truck.
Before Hydro Dash and Air Retrieve we will have a briefing that everyone must attend and this briefing will be posted with the running order.
You will be required to sign a total of 3 waivers/liability release forms. Once signed and checked in you will receive an armband. You will not be allowed on the dock without an armband this goes for holders as well as throwers ANYONE on the DOCK must sign the waivers. Please keep your armband for the entire event.
If you have a reactive dog and choose to participate in any Dock Diving activities here at 24k Diving Dogs you will be responsible for keeping your dog under your control at ALL times. Feel free to use a basket muzzle if you like. Keep ample space from all other dogs. IF your dog lunges or causes any reactive incident you will be invited to leave and forfeit any or all monies due to 24k Diving Dogs or NADD. We want all dogs to enjoy the sport of diving dogs however we must keep the sport safe for everyone and every dog. If you have a reactive dog take measures to keep your dog out of any incidents so that it can enjoy the sport as well.
Our weather is known to shift within minutes. Generally, events will be held during rain. If there is lightning in the area everything will be cancelled or delayed. All measures will be made to get all the splashes in. Please watch for announcements on the Facebook NADD Fan Page as well as check your email for any weather change announcements.
Please pick up ALL of your dog’s accidents ANYWHERE on our property, failure to do so will result in you being asked to leave the grounds and forfeiting any monies owed 24k Diving Dogs and NADD. There will be poop buckets available for YOU to dispose of your dog’s poop.
Unless crated, dogs must be leashed at all times NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Leashes cannot exceed 6’ in length. Retractable leashes are absolutely prohibited. Prong collars are allowed but must be removed before entering the dock.
Anyone who pushes or throws their dog into the pool or in any other way abuses their dog will be excluded from further participation and will forfeit any splash or fees!
Absolutely NO dogs are allowed in the pond at any time or inside any of our training areas (agility ring, obedience ring, barn). There is a covered horse arena across from our property. Please do not allow your dogs to bark at the horses in the arena. This could be dangerous as the horse could get spooked an throw the rider.
Preferred methods of payment are cash or check we do accept all major credit cards with a 3% convenience fee.
24K Diving Dogs COVID-19 Event Plan
- The competition area will be roped off to limit the number of people in the area. In all other areas of the property please respect everyone and practice social distancing.
- No onsite or day off registration will be done for this event. You must register for all splashes you want to participate in prior to the close of pre-registration for this event which is Tuesday, September 1st at midnight.
- Maximum number of people at check in is 3 and there will be 3 X’s clearly marked outside the Admin trailer which are 6 ft apart.
- Ribbons will be paperclipped together by dog’s name and taped on the table near admin.
- Judges and announcer’s area will be roped off to limit contact. Please practice social distancing.
- You can set up your easy up and crate in any area that is marked with flags. Please abide by the space between them. You may only set up in these areas and only one ez up per area.
- Announcer will try to continually announce the next 3 dogs to compete over the speaker system. #1 is the dog on the dock competing, #2 is the next dog to compete and will be in the 8 x 8 easy up next to the dock and #3 in the 10 x 10 easy up.
- Gloves will be available for workers and volunteers. We will be providing a hand washing station. If competitors choose to wear gloves and masks that they bring please dispose of these properly.
- Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash bumpers will be provided.
- Gates, rails, and latches will be sanitized during the day.
- Everyone is to practice social distancing at all times.
- 24K Diving dogs staff or volunteers will not hold or throw for any dogs other than staff dogs or their own dogs. Read the NADD rules regarding number of toys allowed, who throws toys etc.
- Poolside videotaping will be allowed as long as social distancing is maintained.
- If you are exhibiting any of the following symptoms(out of the ordinary) or any of the following statements are true for you or a team member fever, shortness of breath, dry cough, runny nose, sore throat, been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, you have tested positive for COVID-19, have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results, have traveled outside the US by air or cruise ship in the last 14 days or traveled by air, bus or train in the last 14 days then you MAY NOTattend or participate in our event. If you develop any of theses symptoms prior to or up to the day of the event please notify us immediately (DO NOT COME) and we will pull you from the event with no penalty.
- All participants and team members must sign all 3 waivers, 24k Diving Dogs, NADD and NADD COVID-19. You and your team members need to email completed waivers to us ( email@example.com) prior to the event or bring completed waivers to the event and turn in at check in. Link below for all 3 waivers.
NADD COVID Waiver
NADD Event Waiver
24K Diving Dogs Waiver
We at 24K Diving dogs understand that these are very unique times and we are trying to do everything we can to provide a safe environment for you to be able to compete and have fun with your dog. Please be patient with the staff and volunteers in regards to all the rules. This is new for all of us and we will do our best to have things run smoothly and in a timely manner.
If the Governor of Georgia orders a limit on outdoor gatherings at any point prior to the event dates we will defer back to block scheduling. We will notify you immediately if this happens so you can plan accordingly. Thanks again.
We will also have the pleasure of having Rene’ Ludecke available to massage, laser, and adjust your canine athletes You can contact Rene ahead of time and schedule a time for your dog to be seen, scheduling day of is acceptable as well but prior reservations preferred. (229) 403-1352.
We are fortunate to have Mark L. Atwater to shoot our event! Please no camera photography (cell phone video ok)
Below is his bio
Official photographer of:
-National Amateur Retriever Championship (Amateur open)
-National Retriever Championship (open)
-Boykin Spaniel National field trial
-Master Amateur Invitational
Featured on over 100 national magazine covers, including:
7771 Florida Georgia Hwy (4.7 miles)
El Jalisco Havana (5.8 miles)
102 East First Ave
Millers Lighthouse Seafood Grill (5.5 miles) Great Burger Combo!!!!
6780 Florida Georgia Hwy
Havana FL 32333
Places to stay – Please contact them directly for pet policies. We are pretty close to equal distances to Bainbridge GA, Tallahassee FL, and Cairo GA (we are actually 18 miles south of Cairo) So in regards to where to stay…. There is not much in Cairo, however Bainbridge has a few restaurants, Home Depot, Walmart, Tractor Supply. Tallahassee has everything!!!
We DO NOT offer RV parking. There are three RV parks listed below.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer RV parking or hookups at our place. Our entrance gate is very narrow and most RV’s and travel trailers cannot make it through. Additionally, we are located on a clay road, which is not an issue for normal vehicles, however if it rains the road becomes too dangerous for large recreational vehicles to drive on. We have listed a few RV parks that can accommodate all sizes of recreational vehicles and travel trailers below.
1522 Tallahassee Highway, Bainbridge, GA, 39819, US
Days Inn by Wyndham
1407 Tallahassee Highway, Bainbridge, Georgia 39819
Best Western Executive Inn (16.5 miles)
2800 US Hwy 84 E
Cairo, GA 39828
Candlewood Suites (18.3 miles)
2815 Lakeshore Drive
Tallahassee FL 32312
Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham
3216 N Monroe St
Tallahassee FL 32303
Tallahassee RV Park (18 Miles)
6504 Mahan Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32308
850 878-7641 office
Big Oak RV Park (13.7 miles)
4024 N. Monroe Street
Tallahassee FL 32303
Big River RV Park (15 miles)
801 W. Shotwell St
Bainbridge GA 39819
YaYa Lake Seminole RV Park
1863 Booster Club Road
Bainbridge GA 39819
Please ask about pet policies for the above listed places.
Our facility is located 18 miles south of Cairo. We are 1.2 miles from the FL/GA state line.
We are approx 18 miles from Bainbridge and 18-20 miles from Tallahassee.
Tons of things (food, stores etc) in Tallahassee, quite a few in Bainbridge, not much in Cairo.
Again, thank you for registering for our event. We hope you enjoy our facility and look forward to seeing you all!