This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/28/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
08:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:30 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
05:30 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
08:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
05:30 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
Friday through Sunday
Check-in starts at 8:00 am. The pool will be open at 8:30 am for practice and close at 9:00 am.
Jump Order for Splashes will go Alphabetically from A to Z.
Jump Order for Splashes will go Reverse Alphabetically from Z to A.
Jump Order for Splashes will go Alphabetically from A to Z.
Please note you must pay for all of your pre-entries at first check-in or they will be removed from the splash and will be sold as day-of entry price even if you want to pay for them later.
Day of registrations will be allowed each day until there is no space. Air Retrieve will have Day of spots available, but we will not have a waiting list once pre-registrations fills. All spots are on a first come basis, as this is the fairest for everyone.
- Thank you for understanding our no off-leash policy. (Except when on the dock.)
- Please pick up after your dogs. Disposal of poop should only be in waste containers.
- Bring your own towels, crates and chairs
- Please communicate all problems, all concerns, and issues you have with the staff, the facility or any of the handlers and their dogs immediately as they occur, There is no way to correct it if you mention it to us or NADD after the event is over.
- Do Not hesitate to talk with us! We want you to have the best possible experience at our event.
Non-electric camping is allowed on site at $10/night
We will be running it as a normal event, where you need to be onsite 30 minutes before the start of each splash you signed up for. The schedule is listed on FB and here. There will be no onsite, day of show entries or try its offered at this event. Unfortunately, spectators will still be discouraged as large gatherings in Ohio can not exceed 100 people.
You will be sent a virtual check in link where you can submit your signed waivers and pay for the event online. This will limit the number of people needing to be at the registration trailer. You will need to go to your NADD portal and determine the total number of splashes that you have signed up for (this includes Distance, AR and HD) and enter this number into the virtual check in form. Credit card fees will be automatically assessed into the total.
We wanted to take a moment to outline our covid19 precautions for our upcoming event. Please understand that regardless of how you may personally feel about the current environment we are all in, there are high risk people and volunteers attending this event. We must all respect each other as the alternative is to not hold any events at all. If any of this makes you uncomfortable, we understand and encourage you to do what is best for you and your family. Please email me ASAP if you wish to withdraw.
- Everyone should hang out near their own vehicle until it is your turn on the dock.
- Please have no more than 3 dogs in the staging area by the dock ready for their turn.
- Please maintain a minimum of 6 feet between cars and canopies.
- Please maintain a 6 foot social distance between competitors.
- We will have someone to wipe the gates between competitors, please allow them a moment to get this done. There is no need to shut the dock gate on the way out as the cleaner will be headed out that way as they wipe the gates.
- Masks are HIGHLY recommended for all competitors until you are on the dock.
- Ribbons will be available at the END of the day on the table outside of the K9 Splash Zone trailer.
The safety of all of our competitors is always our top priority. While we will be running our normal splash schedule, we will still be implementing all of these precautions at the event. I know that we are all excited to be doing things with our dogs and to be outside. However, we must remember that COVID still exists and it is still out there. As a matter of fact, Montgomery County has seen an increase in numbers. So, as we are going into this weekend, take a moment to think about COVID cautions and being COVID courteous.
Also remember that masks are courteous. There are some people that wear masks because they are members of healthcare or public service or animal care and come in contact with large numbers of the public and they wear the masks to protect others. Please feel free to wear a mask and if you are not comfortable in a mask please be aware that there are social distance guidelines that we must follow - please maintain your distance from others to help fight this pandemic.
We have hand sanitizer in several areas around the property, please feel free to use it.