- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 05/26/2020 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
Southern Kingdom Diving Dogs Covid19 Plan:
a. As Federal, State and Local laws are allowing for the possibility of diving dog events to resume, NADD facilities are making special provisions to running events currently.
b. These guidelines are in place until May 31st, 2020. Any extension will be reviewed at a later date.
II. Social Distancing: The following areas of social distancing will be addressed as follows:
a. Admin table at check-in: Our admin area will be set up in our admin building, however, we will have our table at the door, so one person at a time can approach the table. That prevents direct contact with admin staff.
b. To further assist with this, we will have our event waiver and our Covid19 waiver on the website, event page and it will be emailed to all competitors prior to competition. We ask you to either print and place both forms into the appropriate basket (which will be located under a tent in front of the admin building) at the time of event, or you can scan the forms and email them back to us prior to the event. Everyone must sign both the NADD waiver and the Covid19 waiver. Even if the person attending is not assisting or going on the dock, if they are attending the event, they are required to sign the Covid19 waiver.
c. We are being allowed and are requesting prepayment for the upcoming event. You can give us a call at 423-994-2493 to pay for your splashes in advance. If this is not a possibility, we will not be accepting cash at the event. We can accept a check and will have a basket available for you to put your payment into at check in. All Checks will need to be made payable to Camelot Shepherds.
d. There will be no On-site registration.
e. Ribbon labels will be preprinted and filled out with someone wearing gloves and placed in a bin that will be located where the waiver bins are located.
III. Competition area: As NADD already has a distance limit for dogs, this will be clearly marked.
a. All areas will be clearly marked and plenty of signage.
iv Crating area/Parking area: We will have spots marked off in our parking area with 10 ft. distance between each vehicle/area.
v. Sanitation: We will have sanitation tables set up at the entrance and exit to our dock, we will provide both hand sanitizer and gloves for your convenience and safety.
vi. Event Structure:
This will be an Open Splash events: We will not be using jump cards, but instead of set splash start and end times, we will be using Time Blocks: This allows each competitor to show up at a set time block and complete all the jumps for that day. For anyone scheduled for Saturday pm AR, if you have splashes during the day at the end of your time block, we will run the AR dogs in that time block.
c. The standard NADD rule will still apply that a dog may not do more than ONE Splash at a time. There must be at least one other dog between each dog’s splashes.