This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 06/02/2020 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
Event Contact Info
Contact Phone: (760) 8876296
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
10:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
We will be running this trial in set time blocks per current Covid restrictions. There will be NO day of entries and no try its available.
THERE WILL BE NO AR IN THE FIRST BLOCK OF THE DAY. We should be able to add a few AR on site.
We can add splashes if you are already registered- but we CANNOT do day of due to the scheduling.
There will be no try-its at this event.
Please remember that once your jumps are done, you may pick up your ribbons and then you will have to leave the grounds to allow the next block to come in.
NONE of these rules are what I would want- but I have to follow all the rules i order to have this event. Please be patient, courteous and kind. You know I love you all! But this will be a test for us!
Please crate in or adjacent to your car. We will not be able to allow set ups to stay overnight in our main area since people will be coming and going all weekend. If you choose to leave a set-up, it will have to be outside the main gate at the front of the property. Remember it may get windy and we are not responsible for catching your canopy should it choose to fly away.
All dogs must be on a leash at all times while on the property unless on the dock, no flexi leads are allowed. Do not allow your dog to harass our livestock. When pottying your dogs please use the main competition area- do not come near the house, front fence or go up or down the road. All of these things cause barking by my or the neighbors dogs and we do not want to disturb anyone.
We have done our best to get rid of foxtails, but some have popped back up. Please check your pets to be sure they haven't gotten any in their coat- this is only a problem in the area around my van.
We are very happy to have Hoots and Hounds as our vendor at this event. These crazy times have been very hard on our vendors so please support them if you can.
We will not be serving lunches since you will only be here a couple hours at a time, however we will have snacks and drinks available for purchase each day.
David will be judging 2 splashes per day and I will be judging the third to maintain my judges certifications. Other than David's adorable puppy- all workers dogs will be placed in the final splash unless we need to change things around.
YOu will NOT be allowed on the property with out BOTH NADD Waivers- both the event and the COVID waiver that is on the NADD home page-Here are the links.
Payment ahead of time is preferred- you can use Zelle (preferred)- send to HighDesertDogSports@yahoo.com
-- be sure to add your name and your dogs names to the notes section.
If you choose to pay on site - please have exact cash ready to go. If you must pay by credit card I will have it ready to go.
Porta potties and hand washing sink will be available, and there will be sanitizer available at the sink, entrance and exit to the dock.
Please maintain the 6 ft distance bubble while at the event.
If I think of anything else I will let you know- but need to get this link out.
Have a great night and let's jump!!