- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 09/01/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
06:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - First splash of the day at 6pm, following open dock from 5pm-6pm
06:30 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - Immediately following previous splash
07:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - Immediately following previous splash
07:30 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - Immediately following previous splash
06:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - First splash of the day at 6pm, following open dock from 5pm-6pm
06:30 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - Immediately following previous splash
07:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - Immediately following previous splash
07:30 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump) - Immediately following previous splash
06:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump) - First splash of the day at 6pm; following open dock from 5pm-6pm
06:30 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump) - Immediately following previous splash
07:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump) - Immediately following previous splash
07:30 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump) - Immediately following previous splash
08:00 am: Splash #13 (Distance Jump) - First splash of this day at 8AM, following open dock from 7am-8am
08:30 am: Splash #14 (Distance Jump) - Immediately following previous splash
09:00 am: Splash #15 (Distance Jump) - Immediately following previous splash
09:00 am: Splash #16 (Distance Jump) - Immediately following previous splash
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday jumps will be in the evening only. Registration and open dock from 5pm-6pm. First splash at 6pm. Next splash immediately following the end of the previous splash.
Monday will be a DAYTIME event. Registration and open dock from 7am-8am. First splash begins at 8am. Next splash immediately following the end of the previous splash.
RV Parking with 30amp electric hook-ups available on site. See http://126.96.36.199/cgi-bin/classes.pl?PAGE=1&TEMPLATE=33 for RV reservations.
Here are the guidelines for our "COVID-19 Plan" for our NADD trials:
Entries and Waivers
- WE WILL ONLY OFFER TRY-ITS *AFTER THE EVENT CONCLUDES* each day. Try-its after the event will be given 6 minutes total time on the dock. Try-its are $10 per try. ANYONE PARTICIPATING IN TRY-ITS MUST FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES.
- There are no day of show entries, so please make sure you enter the splashes you want ahead of time. If you need to modify or change something, please email me in advance.
- Please pay your entries fees by PayPal ahead of time if possible. Use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, which will show up at Virtual Dog Sports. If not, you please bring a check to Teamworks for the total due and put it in the blue box by the pool up ramp. If you must bring cash, it needs to be the exact amount and it needs to be put in an envelope, with your name on it, and put in the blue box by the pool up ramp.
- Please sign your FOUR waivers, and email them to me ahead of time. (see waiver information below) You cannot participate without signed waivers.If you must bring a paper copies, they need to be put in an envelope with your name on it and put in the blue box by the up ramp of the pool.
- NADD is requiring that you sign THIS NADD COVID waiver.
- Teamworks is requiring that you sign THIS online TW COVID waiver.
- As usual, PLEASE PRINT AND SIGN OUR POOL WAIVER AND THE NADD GENERAL EVENTS WAIVER.
- Please email all waivers except the online wavier to email@example.com
- We will have a large digital number display by the white board and gate. All dogs jumping will be given a number. We will display thenumber of the dog who is next to be in a waiting box. Dogs will jump in numerical order. Numbers will be given out in the order of arrival at the white board (with all paperwork and payment complete).
- You will not be given a number at the gate until we confirm that we have payment and all four waivers signed. So, PLEASE do these things ahead of time!
- The white board and number display will be located at the gate entrance to the pool. There will be a box around the gate steward to protect her personal space. Please stand outside the box and wear your face mask if you have questions.
- We will have 3 wait boxes marked out in orangeflagging tape on the ground. The boxes will be located in the 3 shaded areas we have: the tent near the ramp is “next up”, pergola along the side of the pool is “2 out”, and pergola at the end of the pool is “3 out”. Please stay in your box until its time to move forward. Please remain at a distance from others until it is your time to jump.
General Regulations and Site Information
- We ask that nobody with a fever or cough attend the trial. We ask that you not attend if someone in your house has a fever or if you have been exposed to someone who has a fever or symptoms of COVID-19. If you are unsure if you have a fever/are sick, please stay home.
- We ask that EVERYONE wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth at the gate white board, on the dock, on the ramp, in the wait boxes to get on the ramp, in the pool area, in the bathrooms, and in the Pavillion.Wearing a mask in public is a guideline in our state. PLEASE NOTE: THE PURPOSE OF WEARING A MASK IS SO THAT YOU DO NOT SPREAD YOUR AEROSOLIZED GERMS BY TALKING, COUGHING, OR SNEEZING INTO COMMON AIR SPACE OR ONTO COMMONLY TOUCHED SURFACES. YOU WEAR A MASK TO PROTECT OTHER PEOPLE, SO PLESE BE CONSIDERATE OF YOUR FELLOW COMPETITORS AND THE EVENT STAFF. You will need to bring your own mask. It can simply be a bandana, but you need to wear your mask in the designated areas. There will be signs to remind you. You do not need to wear a face mask if not in one of these places, but PLEASE maintain at least 6 feet of distance away from others.
- There will be hand sanitizer available at the up ramp and down ramp, as well as in the Pavillion and clubhouse. We will also provide disposable food service gloves for all of our workers, but if you have your own gloves, you are welcome to bring them! Any kind of gloves will work (gardening or bicycle gloves).
- We will ask everyone to pack their own lunchso that we are not hovering over open food. We will still provide individually wrapped snacks, bottled water, and Keurig coffee You will be able to use the refrigerator to store you lunch, and the microwave to heat it up. We will ask that you are careful to use hand sanitizer and lysol wipes to wipe things down in the clubhouse. We will provide an additional hospitality station, with bottled water, snacks, a microwave and Keurig in the Pavillion so that there is not a crowd in the clubhouse. You MUST wear your mask in the clubhouse and Pavillion. Please take your lunch back to your car to consume it.
- While we usually allow crating in the Pavillion, that would put people too close to each other. Therefore, we are NOT allowing crating in the Pavillion. We are going to ask EVERYONE to work out of their cars. Please bring your own shade. You can put up a tent over your car or cover your car with aluminet shade cloth. Bring battery-operated fans too. If you want to run your car with the air conditioning going, please consider purchasing a temperature sensor for your car.Clean Run sells one for about $30. If you run your car with the air on, please be careful to BACK YOUR CAR INTO YOUR SPOT, and point your exhaust pipe towards the fence, rather than the driveway. If you do NOT plan to run your car’s air conditioning, pull in with your front bumper to the fence. This will orient you in a different direction and you should be able to have your rear doors open away from where the exhaust is. This rule is to try to prevent exhaust from leaking into someone else’s car with open windows.
- If you want to stand and watch someone else’s jump, there will be viewing area back behind the fence (near the dog play area). the viewing area will have boxes marked out in yellowflagging tape. No seats will be available, so please do not linger in the viewing area. One person per viewing box unless you are family members or have traveled together.
- If you have someone hold your dog for you on the dock, it should be pre-arranged, and should be a family member or a friend that you travel with. Please do NOT ask our staff or a stranger to hold your dog for you.
- We are going to ask that you exit off the dock and to the left,into the fenced area with the Barn Hunt Barns. There will be signs directing you out.
- PLEASE PARK SO THAT YOUR CARS ARE SPACED OUT TO ALLOW THIS 6 FOOT DISTANCE. You will be crating out of your car, so you can put a tent up over your car, as long as your tent is not in the gravel driveway.
- Again, we will notbe offering placements (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th). Ribbons will be self-serve and will be hung up on a display rack ahead of time by a person with disposable gloves on. Please touch only the ribbon you take.
- Jumps will NOT be entered into the computer until the end of the day, since we are not giving placements, and we will be allowing later jumps than usual, to limit the number of people.
- Please do NOT enter the judges area. If you have a question, you can ask it from the outside of the fence.
- The turf and railings will be sprayed with Kennel-Sol (a quaternary ammonium compound on the CDC’s list to kill corona virus) at the end of each day. The Pavillion and Clubhouse will be sterlized at the end of each day with an ozone-generating ionizer. The bathrooms will be sprayed down at the end of each day with Kennel-Sol.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 5 days after the event, please notify me at firstname.lastname@example.org. All participants will be notified by email.
Teamworks thanks you for your support of our small business. We also thank you for following all of these rules, to ensure that we can continue to have events here in the future.
PLEASE CALL THE Teamworks weather hotline 919-340-0120 in case of inclement weather. Thunderstorms could cause a delayed start.
Please see http://www.teamworksdogtraining.org/teamworks-events/dock-diving-events/ for more information about our venue.