This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 05/22/2020 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
- At least 3 jumps are required to participate in independent event finals.
12:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
Duke’s Competition COVID19 Plan and Procedures
- No onsite, day of show entries or Try-its will be accepted for this event
- Pre-Registration for this event will close 5/22 at midnight (CST)
- If you are not pre-registered or looking to add splashes, we will have a wait list for this event only. Please email us NO LATER than 5/22 indicating which splashes you would like to be added to. Additional spots will be first come, first serve there is no guarantee you will be able to get in but we will email you by 5/24 to let you know either way
- We will be doing “virtual” check ins for this event. Please read all of this information carefully.
- Each competitor will need to check in and pay by 5/25 using the form on our website https://www.dukesk9dashnsplash.com/virtualcheckin
- No onsite cash or credit card payments will be accepted. Prepay online with credit card is required PRIOR to event (no later than 5/25) You can view your total du/# of splashes on NADD’s website where you pre-registered. Be mindful that you will need to add up the total splashes for all dogs that you are checking in. If you do not have access to a credit card, you must notify us no later than 5/25 to make other arrangements
- Duke’s waiver, NADD’s waiver and the CODIV19 waiver need to be printed and signed by ALL competitors NO LATER than 5/25. You can upload them directly to the virtual check in link OR Email to firstname.lastname@example.org If you do not have access to a printer, please email us to make other arrangements by 5/25.
- Once we have received your payment and signed waivers, you will automatically be checked in prior to the event and will simply need to let us know you are here and grab your wristband (needed to get on the dock) at check in window when you arrive.
- The steps above should drastically reduce the number of people needing access to the admin window. A barrier will be added to ensure proper distancing. Please keep 6’ between you and the next person in line.
Jump Order/Block Times
- If you have not prepaid and sent your 3 signed waivers via email by 5/25 you will not be checked in and therefore won’t be able to jump as you won’t be assigned a designated jump block/time. Unless you have made other arrangements with us in advance.
- The designated jump times and jump order will be emailed to each competitor between 5/26 and 5/28. Please be patient. There is a ton of preplanning that will need to go into all of this on our end and we can’t start working on all of that until registration closes.
- The order will also be posted on the white board on the dock and by the clubhouse/registration. We will not be able to make changes to the order once they are issued
- During your assigned time block, you will be able to complete a maximum of 4 splashes and 1 AR or HD, depending on what you signed up for. The splashes will be done in 10 dog rotation and not back to back. We will make every effort we can to space out people who have multiple dogs so that you have enough time to switch them out.
- If you signed up for AR or HD, you will be in the last time block of the day
- PLEASE do NOT arrive more than 15 minutes before your scheduled jump block as we need to keep the number of people at the facility at the same time to a minimum. If you show up early, we may have to ask you to wait in your car until your assigned time
- Once you have completed your jumps for the day, please head out so we can keep the number of people at the facility to a minimum
- Social distancing still applies outdoors. Maintain a minimum of 6’ from all others
- Signs to remind everyone will be posted
- You should remain in your car or crating area until your dog is the next 3 dogs to jump then return to your crating area until your dog is up again
- No more than 3 people in line by the dock or admin/clubhouse (spots will be marked indicating a 6’ distance)
- Competitor masks or face coverings are HIGHLY recommended but not mandatory for this event
- There will be marked crating areas inside the facility that are all 10’ apart. There will also be marked parking spots for those wishing to crate out of their car. Please see the map below for where you should park based on where you are crating.
- If you wish to crate inside the facility you can set up your tents ahead of time on Thursday 5/28 between 4-8pm. No dogs please as we will have private sessions going on.
- Handler meetings will not be done in person for this event. Instead, we will email you any additional handler meeting notes with the jump order.
- The jump order will be listed on the white board by the dock, by clubhouse/admin and emailed to each competitor before the competition
- Ribbons will be filled out by 1 Staff member, wearing gloves and available for pick up AT THE END OF YOUR ASSIGNED TIME BLOCK. If you are local, you can also choose to pick them up from the facility at a later date OR we can mail them to you upon request w/a prepaid envelope.
- We will have a person designated to sanitation for the entire day, each day
- All “high touch” surfaces will be sprayed with disinfectant regularly throughout the day and in between each group
- Competitors are encouraged to bring gloves OR use their poop bags to open gates and bathroom door knobs
- Competitors are encouraged to bring their own wipes, disinfectant and hand sanitizer but Duke’s will also have these available
- The bathrooms will have Lysol wipes and sanitizer available for clients to use before and after they use the restrooms
- In addition to our 2 regular bathrooms, we have rented 2 porta potties for this event to help spread out the number of people using each facility
- There are several sanitizer stations set up throughout the facility
- All non essential seating will be removed to discourage large gatherings
- Our dock wrangler will open and close the gates to the dock for each competitor to prevent multiple people touching the same surface
- Duke’s Crew members will not be able to help hold dogs. Each competitor that requires an additional holder on the dock needs to make arrangements ahead of time
- There will be no onsite food available at this event, please plan accordingly
- All staff and volunteers will be required to wear masks/face coverings
- Staff jobs have been consolidated to reduce the number of workers at the same time during the event
- The judge will announce your score
- Clubhouse and announcers tent to be wiped down in between shifts (tables, ipads, pens, chairs, etc)
- No spectators will be permitted inside our fenced area for this event. Please do not bring friends and family with you to this event. As much as we love having the support of our families/friends, this is not the time to encourage people from different households to group up together in tents/cars etc.
- Remember, we need to keep the number of people at the facility to a minimum. There should be no more than 2 handlers/team.
- We will not be holding our normal “fun finals” jump offs on Sunday. Instead, we will use the “finals bubble” to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each division (based on your best jump of the weekend) and will announce the top dogs after the event has concluded on Facebook
- Awards/Prizes will be available to pick up at our facility after the event is over, by appointment only
Please note: If you live outside the state of Ohio, please make sure you have reviewed Ohio’s current “safe at home” order to determine if your travel arrangements fall in line with the order. You can find the information on the state’s website at https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/dashboards/overview
Duke’s Facility Waiver:
Virtual Check In Link to check in, upload waivers and pay for your jumps: