- This is an Indoor Event
- Online registration closes 12/03/2019 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
- At least 3 jumps are required to participate in independent event finals.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
05:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
07:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
08:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
10:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
Our facility is located at:
285 Dodge Ct NE
Comstock Park, MI 49321
We are in a newly constructed building. This means that not all Google, Apple or GPS maps have been updated. If you need more info or more directions, please view our building information here.
There are various pet friendly hotels located near and around the Gerald R Ford Airport. We recommend the Best Western on 28th St. This is about 15-20mins away from our facility.
A new pet friendly hotel is being constructed near our building and should be open in the late winter 2019/early spring 2020.
We have over 75 spaces for parking of vehicles. Our township does not allow dry camping in the parking lot.
Please check in through the door marked E. You will be greeted by a staff member there. All check ins must be completed prior to moving in crates. Please do not bring your dog with you to check in.
We accept cash, credit cards or personal checks.
Potty areas are located to the east of the building along the tree line. Please DO NOT potty your dog in front of the building.
We have specialty flooring installed in our facility. If you are bringing a wire crate, metal crate, chairs, etc you MUST put padding underneath them. Damage to the floor caused by not following this rule is $25. We do have limited mats available for use under crates, chairs etc.
Dogs in Heat
No dogs in heat will be allowed at any time.
No retractable leashes will be allowed.
Dogs must remain on leash at all times unless on the dock.
*** FINALS INFO ***
- Your dog must have competed in a minimum of three splashes
- Your dog must be in the top 5 of their division
- The best overall jump from the weekend qualifies your dog. NOT THE AVERAGE.
- You must check in with the secretary prior to finals. If you do not check in, your spot will be forfeited and the spot will be open for the next person in line.
- Check in will begin after the scores for the last splash have been entered. Finals will begin after that. You should expect it to begin around 4pm. Check-in should begin around 3:30pm. Announcements will be made over the PA system. If you can't hear them, please check in with the main office.
We will take the top 5 dogs in each division to compete in finals. If a dog in the top 5 is not at MIK9AC or has not checked in, the opportunity to be in finals will be given to the next dog in line.
There will be finals for OPEN and for LAP. Lap dogs will run FIRST and then the OPEN division.
Being in finals does NOT cost any money. This is FREE!
Finals do not count towards AKC/NADD titles or Frosty Paws Highpoint Series scores.
How Finals Run:
Once all of the dogs for finals have checked in, we will write the running order on the board next to the dock. The order of go will be:
If there are no dogs in that division, the division will not run. If there is only 1 dog in the division, the division will still run.
Awards are given to the top 3 of each division after the finals.