- This is an Indoor Event
- Online registration begins on 12/30/2019 at 12:00 am and closes 04/28/2020 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
- At least 3 jumps are required to participate in independent event finals.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
03:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
Friday - Sunday, May 1 - 3, 2020
Check-in & practice starts at 8:00 am. We are working getting food venders for at least one of these days. Otherwise we will be doing pot luck again. More information will be available the week before the show.
Check-in for each splash will close ½ hr before the splash begins. Briefings for each splash will start 15 min before the start of a splash.
Air Retrieve is at 1pm on Saturday
Please note that ALL pre-entries must be paid for on your first day entered or they will be removed from the splash and will be sold at day-of entry price.
We will offer on-site registration as long we have spaces in our splashes available, as well as Try-Its , as time allows between splashes. Air Retrieve will have day of spots available, but we will not have a waiting list once pre-registration fills. All spots are on a first come basis, as this is the fairest for everyone.
FINALS will be on SATURDAY ONLY
Top 5 dogs (ranked by their best score) in each division will be invited back at the end of the day for a jump off. Placements will be giving for the top 3 dogs in the jump off.
Best Score = Each dog's best DJ score from this event. Dogs must have at least 3 DJ jumps at this event to be ranked.
Please read before signing up!
- Thank you for understanding our no off-leash policy. (Except when on the dock)
- Please pick up after your dogs. If you don’t follow this rule you will be asked to leave and NO refunds will be given. Disposal of poop should only be in outdoor waste containers only.
- Please keep wet dogs out of the office areas. Bring your own towels. A blower will be available to dry your dog.
- Please communicate all problems, all concerns, and issues you have with the staff, the facility or any of the handlers and their dogs immediately as they occur, we want to address problems in real time to solve it during the event. There is no way to correct it if you mention it to us or NADD after the event is over.
So please!!! do not hesitate to talk to us! We want you to have the best possible experience at our event.
- The most important rule! Please have fun with your dog!
We here at For the Love of Dogs and The Dog Tank want to thank you so much for attending our event and we hope you have a fun enjoyable time with your dog
Judges for this event: Steve Powell, Kristin Elmquist