This event is now completed.
- This is an Indoor Event
- Online registration closes 12/28/2019 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 403.348.6564
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
08:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
10:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
12:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
Join us for this special NADD event New Year's Eve at Prairie Dog Sports Inc.
Tuesday, December 31, 2019
8 pm Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
10 pm Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
Wednesday, December 1, 2020
12 am Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
7- 7:30 pm - Registration and Check-in open
7:25 - 7:40 pm - Dock/pool open
A brief handlers meeting for each splash will start 15 minutes before the start of each splash.
Onsite registration slots for Try-it's, Distance and Air Retrieve will be on a first come first serve basis each day until splashes are full.
Judges: Michelle Eadie, Shae Grismer, Megan-Rai Ferguson, and Gina Stetsko
This event is being held in conjunction with Barn Hunt Trials.
A Dinner will be served at 6 pm tickets are available for purchase by contacting email@example.com
Hourly draws and door prizes!
Facility waiver and NADD waiver must be signed at registration before entering the dock area/pool.
Prairie Dog Sports Inc. reserves the right to refuse any entry.
No nose to nose contact with other dogs, you are here to work and engage with your dog.
If a dog is handled in an aggressive or inappropriate manner a warning may be issued or the team may be asked to leave without refund.
Pushing or shoving of dogs into the pool is strictly forbidden and may result in dismissal without refund.
All dogs must be crated. You may crate inside the building or from your vehicle.
Please show courtesy to all participants. Manage loud and disruptive dogs. Treat every dog as if they are reactive or spatially challenged. Remain aware of what your dog is doing at all times.
Dogs must be kept on a 6' or shorter leash at all times. Flexi leashes and long lines are not allowed on PDS grounds.
Approved collars include flat snap or buckle collars of solid construction and leather or nylon leads. Limited slip martingale collars are allowed. Single piece slip collars/leads are allowed. Harnesses are allowed.
Electronic collars/devices are NOT allowed anywhere on PDS ground. This includes electronic bark collars. Prong or pinch collars may be used on grounds while walking dog, but are not allowed on the dock/pool area.
Potty your dog at least 30' away from any entrance/exit. It is preferred you potty your dog in the green area to the front of the building. Do not potty your dog on the building, pylons, garbage cans, vehicles or any not natural.
Everyone is responsible for picking up after themselves and their dog(s). Poop bags and garbage cans are provided for your convenience. Failure to comply will result in dismissal and/or a one-year ban from events and no refund(s) will be issued.
Please notify staff if your dog eliminates in the pool area or on the dock for appropriate cleaning and sanitizing.
Please communicate all problems, concerns and issues you have with the staff, facility or any of the handlers and their dog(s) immediately as they occur, we wish to address situations as they arise to reach a consensus and plan of action.
Most importantly, have fun with your dog!
Coffee is on each morning, tea and hot water available on site. Bottled water is available for purchase on site.
All amenities are available in Blackfalds within a 5 minute drive: Blackfalds Veterinary Hospital, Tim Hortons, A&W, McDonalds, Boston Pizza, Subway, Pet Valu, Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham, gas stations, and grocery store.
Where to Stay:
Overnight camping is available on PDS grounds, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Our partner hotel is Mictrotel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Blackfalds $99.99 + Taxes/night pet fee included ($89.99 + $10 pet fee)! Just mention Prairie Dog Sports Inc.
Hotel Direct 403.885.9797
We are located just South of Blackfalds, AB on Hwy 597
From the traffic circle at Hwy. 2A and Hwy 597 go East towards Joffre on Hwy 597.
Take your first right into Burbank Industrial Park (Esso Cardlock and Quinn Contracting on corner), at the yield sign turn right and take the second drive on the right into our back parking lot.
Onsite registration slots for Try-it's, Distance, and Air Retrieve will be on a first come first serve basis.