AKC 2019 Kentuckiana Cluster
March 14, 2019 - March 17, 2019 (Thursday - Sunday)
- This is an Indoor Event
- Online registration closes 03/11/2019 at midnight.
- Price per splash for this event is $25.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
- Each competing dog will get one Try-it ticket per day that they are entered, to use for an extra practice round. Each dog will be given three minutes on the dock. If a Try-it or competing dog wishes to have more time, they may purchase additional tickets as timing allows.
10:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - 10am Start time on Thursday
10:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - 10 am Start Friday
10:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
If a splash or AR is sold out, there will probably be walk up spots available.
Judges break for the event will be 12-1 each day
There will beTry-its during the judges break
Parking is $8 a day or they do a full weekend pass. Entry on Friday Saturday and Sunday is $5.
Splashes ($25) include up to 4 minutes on the dock for 1 optional practice jump and 2 judged jumps.
Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 FOR 2 TRY-IT TICKETS. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
Every event is pretty much the same. Arrive. Check in at admin. Get your splash cards. Get on the board to complete your splashes. We do not have set times. We will accommodate your wishes as best we can to either get your splases done quickly or spread them out.
This will be a packed event so time will be a factor. If you come later in the day you may have to wait a while to get your splashes done.