K9 Coastal Sports' Rocking the Dock Summer SPLASH
June 15, 2019 - June 16, 2019 (Saturday - Sunday)
Registration for this event will begin on 02/13/2019
- Online registration begins on 02/13/2019 and closes 06/12/2019 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
08:00 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Check in 30 minutes prior to SPLASH. SPLASH #1 start time will be adjusted depending on length of Air Retrieve.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - Check in 15 minutes prior to SPLASH.
10:30 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - LUNCH will be available approximately at the end of SPLASH 2 - or noon timeframe.
12:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - LUNCH will be available approximately at noon.
01:30 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - Check in 30 minutes before SPLASH begins. SPLASH #5 start time will be adjusted depending on length of Air Retrieve.
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - Check in 15 minutes prior to SPLASH.
10:30 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - LUNCH will be available approximately at the end of SPLASH 6 - or noon timeframe.
12:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - LUNCH will be available approximately at noon.
01:30 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
Brian and I would like to welcome you to our first SPLASH event in 2019!
Come celebrate Father's Day weekend, and have a SPLASH'n good time!
Our facility is located on A-1 Hill Road in Aransas Pass: .8 miles from the intersection of FM 1069 and Texas 188; and 4.1 miles North from the Walmart (FM 1069 & Texas 35) in Aransas Pass.
There is plenty of space available for your pop-up tents and chairs; cold beverages will be available. LUNCH will be available at the end of SPLASH #2 - beginning of #3 on Saturday; end of SPLASH #6 - beginning of #7 on Sunday, for a $5 donation each day.
JUDGES: Arlene Judd, Brian Whitton, and Elsa V. Moncivais-Whitton.
Registration and open dock from 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. each day. First SPLASH will be Air Retrieval at 8:00 a.m., followed by 4 Distance SPLASHES. This event is open to all breeds - all dogs must be on leash at all times except when on the dock; leashes must not exceed 6' in length, nor be retractable.
LaQuinta, 201 Buddy Ganem Drive in Portland (361) 777-2777; 2 dog limit = about 15-20 minutes away (not bad on traffic);
BEST WESTERN, 2025 State Hwy 361 in Ingleside (361) 776-2767; $119 per night, $15 per dog, per night fee - 2 dog limit = 7.3 miles away.
Visit our FaceBook page: @K9CoastalSports.
Cash and checks are accepted for payment; there will be a $35 return check fee for any returned checks.
Brian and I sincerely hope you enjoy your visit with us, and have a SPLASH'n good time! We strive to have a fun and safe environment for all exhibitors and dogs!