Southtown K9 Spring Fling
May 3, 2019 - May 5, 2019 (Friday - Sunday)
Registration for this event will begin on 01/01/2019
- Online registration begins on 01/01/2019 and closes 04/30/2019 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
04:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:30 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
- Placement ribbons will be awarded to the top 3 overall of the weekend for each division.
- Competitors must complete 3 splashes to qualify for placements.
- Competitors must be present to receive their placement ribbon. It will not be mailed or held.
- Friday registration and practice opens at 3pm.
- Saturday and Sunday registration and practice opens at 7am. Practice on Saturday is at 7am - 8am and is for AR participants only. Practice for splashes on Saturday will start as soon as AR is complete and at 7am on Sunday.
- You MUST arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to your splash. PLEASE NOTE: Highway 88 is almost always under construction. Take this into account when planning your trip.
- Running order will be alphabetical, A to Z on Saturday and Z to A on Sunday.
- AR running order will be: Friday Low to High, Saturday High to Low, Sunday Low to High.
- We will offer hamburgers or hot dogs for donation for lunch.
- 2 porta potties onsite
- Plenty of space for parking and canopies. You can kennel out of your vehicle.
- Tiffany Clevenger
- Curtis Swearingen
- Shannon Davis
- Chris Davis
There is a small Walmart, fast food and gas stations in town, 5 miles north of us.
Hotels: Days Inn in Rock Falls, Comfort Inn in Dixon. Please check directly with the hotel regarding pet policy.