Southtown K9 Spring Fling
May 3, 2019 - May 5, 2019 (Friday - Sunday)
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 04/30/2019 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
04:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:30 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
- Competitors must complete 3 splashes to qualify for placements.
- Placement ribbons will be awarded to the top 3 overall of the weekend in each division.
- Competitors must be present to receive their placement ribbon. It will not be mailed or held.
- Each air retrieve will be its own competition. Placement ribbons will be award for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- If you pre-enter, you must pay for all splashes at the time of initial check in. If you choose not to pay for all splashes at that time, you will be removed from remaining unpaid splashes. If you then choose to add splashes later it WILL be at the day of show price of $25 per splash.
- For distance: we will offer day of show as long as space/time permits. For air retrieve: there will be 6 day of show spots available for first come. There is NO waiting list for distance or air retrieve.
- Handlers meeting/Roll Call will be 15 minutes before each splash.
- Friday registration and the pool open at 3pm.
- Saturday and Sunday registration and the pool open at 7am.
- You MUST arrive and register AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to your first splash of the event. If you are not checked in 30 minutes prior to your splash you will be scratched from that splash. PLEASE NOTE: Highway 88 is almost always under construction. Take this into account when planning your trip.
- Running order for distance & AR will be alphabetical by dog's name, M to L on Friday, A to Z on Saturday and Z to A on Sunday.
- We will offer hamburgers or hot dogs or pizza for donation for lunch.
- 2 porta potties onsite
- Plenty of space for parking and canopies. You can kennel out of your vehicle.
- Part time onsite photographer, Chris Davis of Clicks by Chris. Other photographers welcome.
Black Dog Canine Massage
Based in Davenport and offers professional services to the Quad City Area and beyond. A graduate of the Advanced Canine Massage Program at CSCM Sarah is also Nationally Certified through NBCAAM and a certified PetTech Pet CPR + First Aid Instructor. Sarah uses many techniques in her practice including deep tissue, trigger point therapy, sports massage for activity and she makes low stress handling a priority. Whether your pup is diving today or watching from the sidelines Sarah can assess their fascial and muscular needs and offer appropriate care.
Sessions are about 20 minutes long
1 session $30
Day Pass (2 sessions) $50
Weekend Pass 3-4 sessions $80
Please review our Facility Rules.
The following judges will be rotated through for the season. We will generally use 2-3 per event.
- Curtis Swearingen
- Tiffany Clevenger
- Renea Robison
- Shannon Davis
- Chris Davis
There is a small Walmart, fast food and gas stations in town, 5 miles north of us.