This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 06/04/2019 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
National Championship Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top dog in each division will receive an automatic invite to the National Championships.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
ABOUT THE BRIGHTSIDE:
- please open and close the gate behind you at all times
- a NADD and Brightside waiver must be signed at check-in
- any training device or collar must be removed as you enter the dock itself
- dogs must be on leash at all times except when on the dock
- no retractable leashes permitted on the property
- no dogs allowed on the agility field
- there is no waiting list, any availability is first come, first serve
- a handful of "day of" spots are available for purchase starting at 8am on Saturday (line usually starts around 730am)
- there will be no "day of" for Air Retrieve