This event is now completed.
- This is an Indoor Event
- Online registration closes 11/13/2018 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
12:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - Open splash times... Turn in your card to get your name in the run order
12:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - Open splash times... Turn in your card to get your name in the run order
09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump) - Open splash times... Turn in your card to get your name in the run order
09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
Help us celebrate our new facility!
This is our Grand Opening weekend. We will have lots of events going on at the same time!
This event will run like a mobile dock with open splash times. You will have splash cards to turn in when your ready to get your name in the run order and jump your dog.
Friday, November 16, 2018
Check-in and early crate set up, will start at noon. The pool will be open for practice and try-its at noon. Air retrieve will start at 5pm.
Saturday & Sunday,November 17 & 18, 2018
Check-in starts at 8:00am. Pool will be open at 8am for practice.
Air retrieve will start at 5pm
Please note that if any pre-entries that are not paid for on first check-in on Friday, Saturday or Sunday they will removed from the splash and will be sold as day of entries price even if you want to pay for them later
We will offer on-site registration as long we have spaces in our splashes available, as well as Try-Its as time allows. Day Of registrations will be allowed each day, on the day you wish to jump until there is no space. Air Retrieve will have Day Of spots available, but we will not have a waiting list once pre-registration fills. All spots are on a first come basis, as this is the fairest for everyone.
Please read before signing up!
- Thank you for understanding our no off-leash policy. (Except when on the dock or working your dog)
- Please pick up after your dogs. If you don’t follow this rule you will be asked to leave and NO refunds will be given. Disposal of poop should only be in outdoor waste containers.
- Please keep wet dogs out of the office areas. Bring your own towels. A blower will be available to dry your dog.
- Please communicate all problems, all concerns, and issues you have with the staff, the facility or any of the handlers and their dogs immediately as they occur, we want to address problems in real time to solve it during the event. There is no way to correct it if you mention it to us or NADD after the event is over.
- So please!!! do not hesitate to talk to us! We want you to have the best possible experience at our event.
The most important rule! Please have fun with your dog!
We here at For the Love of Dogs and The Dog Tank want to thank you so much for attending our event and we hope you have a fun enjoyable time with your dog
Judges for this event: Steve Powell, Kristin Elmquist