K9 Coastal Sports' Inagural SPLASH Event
June 16, 2018 - June 17, 2018 (Saturday - Sunday)
This event is now completed.
- Online registration closes 06/14/2018 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 40 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 10 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
08:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes before SPLASH begins.
09:30 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 15 minutes before SPLASH begins.
11:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 15 minutes before SPLASH begins.
12:30 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 15 minutes before SPLASH begins.
02:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Please check in 15 minutes before SPLASH begins.
08:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes before SPLASH begins.
09:30 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 15 minutes before SPLASH begins.
11:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 15 minutes before SPLASH begins.
12:30 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 15 minutes before SPLASH begins.
02:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - Please check in 15 minutes before SPLASH begins.
K9 Coastal Sports would like to invite you to this, our INAUGURAL EVENT and our adventure into NADD and AKC events, being an approved sanctioned facility. Brian and I (Elsa) are SUPER EXCITED to have you SPLASH at our facility! We will have special drawings throughout this event.
Our facility is located on A-1 Hill Road, in Aransas Pass; .8 miles from the intersection of FM 1069 and Texas 188; and 4.1 miles from the Walmart (FM 1069 & Texas 35) in Aransas Pass. There is plenty of space available for your pop-up tents and chairs; ice cold beverages will be provided.
JUDGES: Gabrielle Ruano and Arlene Judd.
Registration and open dock from 7 a.m. - 8 a.m. each day. First SPLASH begins at 8 a.m. This event is open to all breeds - all dogs must be on leash at all times except when on the dock; leashes must not exceed 6' in length, nor be retractable.
Please visit our FaceBook page: @K9CoastalSports.
UPDATE ON HOTELS: LaQuinta, 201 Buddy Ganem Dr, Portland (361)777-2777 $129 per night - 2 dog limit = 15-20 minutes away
BEST WESTERN: 2025 State Hwy 361, Ingleside (361)776-2767 $119 per night, $15 per dog per night fee - 2 dog limit = 7.3 miles away
BEST WESTERN: 1707 US Hwy 181, Portland (361) 777-3100 $149 per night with a $50 pet fee, refundable upon inspection of room on departure = 15-20 minutes away
LaQUINTA Rockport/Fulton, 2921 Hwy 35 N, Rockport (361) 727-9824 $214 per night = 11 miles away
SUPER 8: 500 E. Goodnight Ave, Aransas Pass (361)758-7888 $129 per night, $25 per dog per night fee = 6.4 miles away
DAYS INN: 1703 US Hwy 181 Portland (361) 643-2222 $132 per night with a $25 per dog per night fee - SMALL DOGS ONLY = 15-20 minutes away.
Cash and checks are accepted for payment; there will be a $35 return check fee for any returned checks.
*Depending on exhibitor interest, Saturday after the SPLASHes, Elsa will be conducting evaluations for AKC CGC, CGCA and Trick Titles. If interested, please email Elsa at K9CoastalSports@yahoo.com with your name, dog's(s') name and the type of evaluation you are interested in. The fee is $10 per dog, per evaluation; evaluations will be conduced outside.
We strive to have a fun, safe environment for all exhibitors and dogs, your suggestions are greatly appreciated!