This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/12/2018 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - Splash 2 will start immediately at the conclusion of Splash 1.
01:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - Splash 3 will start immediately at the conclusion of Splash 2.
03:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - Splash 6 will start immediately at the conclusion of Splash 5.
01:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - Splash 7 will start immediately at the conclusion of splash 6
03:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
NON-SANCTIONED EVENTS ON FRIDAY JULY 13th- 10-1pm - Intro to Dock Diving Seminar- $40, limit of 10 dogs - pre-register by email erin @ kinderdoggin.com . 3 pm- Timed Retrieve followed immediately by the Vertical JumpOff - $20 entry per event (register and pay onsite). Note that these are NOT titling classes for NADD but fun events where prizes will be awarded for top competitors in each division.
This event is held on private property - Gates open at 7:30 am and close at 10pm. Dry camping is available onsite for registered competitors for $10 per night for Friday/Saturday/Sunday of event weekends. Help keep our neighbors happy by controlling barking during non-competing hours. Plenty of space poolside for shade tents and crating.
BBQ Lunch will be available for sale after the 3rd splash of the day on Saturday and Sunday.
Ribbons for each qualifying jump, top 3 placements per division for each splash, and Rosettes for each title earned. High In Trial Awards will be offered for the dog with the best 5 combined qualifying Distance scores in each of the Open and Lap Dog Classes. Ribbons are 'self serve' available for pickup at the admin desk shortly after each splash.
- for Distance events- Alphabetical A-Z on Saturday (by dog name), Z-A on Sunday (note that handlers with multiple dogs will be allowed some separation for efficiency!)
- for Air Retrieve events- Shortest to Longest starting distance for Saturday, Furthest to Nearest Driving distance for Sunday (so those having the longest drive home can go first).
- Poop Pick up is a must and dogs must not use pool or agility areas to eliminate. Anything man-made may not be used for peeing (including the dock supports!)
- No Dog to Dog contact is permitted for safety reasons. Dogs must stay on leash except on the dog or enclosed agility area.
- Please drive slowly while entering the property.
- 10 acres surrounding the pool and camping areas are available for leash walking competing dogs. Please do not allow your dog to harrass (bark or lunge at) neighboring livestock.
- Camping is available for registered competitors only.
Please control barking during non-competition hours.
Directions - note that not all GPS units have us mapped correctly:
We are located at 4131 Schemenaur Road.
Coming from Quesnel BC, turn right onto Highway 26 (towards Barkerville). Proceed for 6 km and then turn left onto Schemenaur Road. We are 2 kms down on the left (immediately after the railway tracks- watch for signage).
Coming from the north/Prince George- Schemenaur Road is on the left approximately 2 km after you cross the Cottonwood River Bridge. Proceed for 7 km - we are on the right, immediately before the railway tracks (watch for signage).